Sonic Electronix

Fed up with Lanzar Customer service

I've been around for a hot New York minute, so I've run a bunch of old Zed Opti stuff. When it got bought out by Soundaround in the 90s I still gave the Opti line the benefit of the doubt. It was rock solid and I never had any problem. In February I bought a pair of Opti 1233ds from VMI. BIG MISTAKE. Didn't have a chance to get a box built so I finally did in May. Things didn't sound quite right so I put a meter on the coils. One coil had zero reading. Great, so I call Lanzar, they said ship it back, send a money order or check for 25 and they'll ship me a new woofer. Did so 5-27-11. So I call and verify they got my woofer, and they did, but they're out. Ok, I call once a week or so, nope, they tell me to call back next week. The jagoffs cashed the check for shipping the woofer back the end of June, the 2nd woofer is dead, and today I said enough is enough, I want a refund. Kenny, the guy at Lanzar, tells me "I have to get it thru VMI." So after I ship the other woofer, I'll be out close to 500 bucks and have nothing to show for it. I emailed VMI thru Ebay and I'm hoping they can do something for me. If not, I'll do what I need to do with Lanzar.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

Archived