Second Skin Audio

New box--trying again

Trying to get the best port area per foot with PVC pipe the box is 10.11 gross with 8.39cf net useing 2--8''ports 23'long i get 11.98per cf- Tuning freq of 32.12hz is that good for PVC ports are do i need more port, the box will be in a 4dr explorer with 4-12' subs up port back box is 16'H 41'W 32'D useing torres box calculator its not for SPL just wont it 2play lows good 4every day pounding, subs are from Robot Underground, thay have a -FS-30HZ Qts-.64 Vas-1.35cf X-max-18mm Let me no what yall think, And Thanks.

Ideally, that sub will want to be in a sealed or 4th order bandpass box with that high Qts value(assuming it's accurate). They'll be loud in a ported box, but I'm afraid the low-end might be lacking a little with the volume and tuning that you're using.

It seems like with an 8.4ft^3 box you'd need more port length to get a 32hz tuning with a pair of 8" ports. Did you use the net volume when finding the port length?

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Archived