Sonic Electronix

ok I just got my first system installed (yes i am a complete noob lol). the head unit that i have is an alpine cda-117. When i first got it from the shop (installed) they had it customized and completely preset. A few hours later, i was messing around with the controls just checkin things out, and now everytime i start my car, the unit doesnt turn on until i push the main scrolling button. Also, it always goes to the radio and never saves anything that i set it to. For example, I will set my subs on level 12 and then turn my car off, then turn my car back on 5 minutes later and my subs will be turned completely off. I have read the manuel and it is a little confusing to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance! :)

Hmmmmm that is weird. It kinda sounds like they wired the 12v constant into a remote. So every time the car turns off the radio goes dead and forgets its presets.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Hmmmmm that is weird. It kinda sounds like they wired the 12v constant into a remote. So every time the car turns off the radio goes dead and forgets its presets.

NOW THIS MIGHT BE TRUE. AS IT WOULD BE MY FIRST GUESS ASWELL. BUT I DO HAVE TO ASK ANYWAY. BEFORE YOU MESSED WITH IT DID IT DO THIS PROBLEM>?

NOW THIS MIGHT BE TRUE. AS IT WOULD BE MY FIRST GUESS ASWELL. BUT I DO HAVE TO ASK ANYWAY. BEFORE YOU MESSED WITH IT DID IT DO THIS PROBLEM>?

Uh hey, you left your caps lock on......

And audiofanatics jsut got that head unit. Maybe he knows something.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Uh hey, you left your caps lock on......

And audiofanatics jsut got that head unit. Maybe he knows something.

sorry. just noticed. and i recently installed the same deck in my car as well just last week. :) great unit

Thank you guys for the replies! When they first installed my head unit, they had it preset to certain settings. Every time i turned the car on it would go to the settings they initially set up even if i tinkered with it. now the same thing happens, but it doesnt turn on until i clcik the main button and it goes straight to the radio with my bass completely off

Thank you guys for the replies! When they first installed my head unit, they had it preset to certain settings. Every time i turned the car on it would go to the settings they initially set up even if i tinkered with it. now the same thing happens, but it doesnt turn on until i clcik the main button and it goes straight to the radio with my bass completely off

have you tried to go into the settings on the deck see if you disabled auto turn on?

I have cycled through the settings and do not see that option. I have been sitting in my car and the unit is fien and turns on and remembers everything up to 10 minutes after i preset, turn the car off, and then turn it on. As a side note, one of the guys at the shop said my car's alternator wasn't very good, but would only be effected with very deep base hits (which i do not do). I have no idea whats wrong lol

there is more settings when the head unit is turned off i had the head unit for about a month and didn't really like it but had a high voltage for rcas but yeah check the settings that u can access when its turned off i think u hold down the center button or the audio button on the bottom right

2 12ks and i dont know what to do

build in the works!