Sonic Electronix

i have an ap1800 and i was running a single re se d4 so the amp was seeing a 2ohm load only ran 4g for the amp and grounds because i wasnt using the amp at 1ohm that 4g would be fine. and the only thing that ive done to the sub was when i originally put in the recone for it i ended up having the leads to tight so all 4 broke and were replaced recently i just added new lead wire onto the section that was broke instead of re running the leads threw the cone.just recently i was using a cord for my ipod to my radio and some how it got cut so that only my left side was working so after a few songs of that i noticed and stoped using that and went to my fm stereo. then my amp turned on really hard and shut off twice causing my lights to dim twice then the sub starting making a noise like i was running a very low hz test on it the noise is still there even after i pulled out the rcas on the amp

what do you guys think happend its late at night so ill get board shots tomorrow

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Sounds like your electrical system can't keep up with what your amp is demanding. Are you on full stock electrical? How do you play your system: are you harsh on it, like keeping it full tilt at stop lights etc, not monitoring voltage and turning down when necessary? What speakers were creating the noise? your sub or door speakers?

can someone help me out please i went thew and made sure everything was hooked up right ive been using this amp for about 5 months now with out any problems running a 2ohm load and now this happend the only thing i can think of is perhaps i made the new lead extentions to long and they touched but even then the amps protected against that and shouldnt keep going in and out of protect and the sub works fine now running a very small kicker amp just to keep my music full.

any thoughts or opinions/ after looking at the board and not seeing any burn marks i went outside and hooked up 2 extra 4g to the + and - with a pos from the + to the remote and just hooked + to + on the battery and - on the ground and the amp still went in and out of protect

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Archived