2.1 system for home/apt

In that case, I would say the one skullz linked looks pretty nice. If you're looking for "bigger" speakers, that are more geared towards home theater, you could try something like this:

Amp

Speakers

Powered Sub

I actually own that subwoofer, and It's not great for music, but it does add some bass, and sounds nice for movies, and presumably games.

ill look at those, currently (if i could afford it) id have a pair of these

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/jbl-lsr-2328p-8-bi-amplified-powered-studio-monitor

paired with one of these

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/jbl-lsr4312sp-12-linear-spatial-reference-powered-subwoofer

but thats alot of money i dont have as a college student. Im looking or something with decent power, (my hearing is shit as im sure everyone else on here's is) and i would like to have the dynamic headroom if im messing with reason/ableton)

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

i base this on u haveing to move back n forth so it wont be a stay at one place for a long time thing so, why not try pawn shops? u could find something that fits ur needs and budget i guess

my logitech 580 i think has 5 speakers but wired in stereo as i have no 3.1-5.1 sound card, its like a good 3.1 and carrys each range pritty good, for around $80 its worth it

i think more of this is what kinda budget u want, do u want crazy loud or just clean sound with good bass, or something of that sort, theres so much different stuff that will fill the blanks its wierd

like my buddy has 2 peavy b&w 18'' 3ways ran off of a old realistic amp and its amazing, but ied rather listen to my "upgraded" bookshelf system

if ur budget is somewhat reasonable i would suggest getting a good 2ch home recever, some good bookshelf speakers, and a powered sub

if u look at the right places u could get said stuff for around $100-$200, but that can drasticly go to $500-$800+ depending on needs, thats why i said check local pawn shops, i found some good deals, i got alot of klh speakers from pawn shop, they have pritty good sound with or without a sub

but lets find out what kinda budget ur working with and we can go from there, do u want studio quality sound or something that sounds good and portable?

right now its more about quality over quantity, without giving up too much quantity, lol. The shit i listed is just dream purchases, no way in hell can i afford those while im in college without selling my car or taking out extra on my student loans, and if i were going that far, id buy a pair of CDJs and a nice pioneer mixer too....

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

In that case, I would say the one skullz linked looks pretty nice. If you're looking for "bigger" speakers, that are more geared towards home theater, you could try something like this:

Amp

Speakers

Powered Sub

I actually own that subwoofer, and It's not great for music, but it does add some bass, and sounds nice for movies, and presumably games.

this isnt a bad idea, problem is, im going from a 500 watt system...i play games, listen to music, watch movies, fuck my neighbors, ive already approached them and said if its ever too loud just come say so, no need to call the cops.

sorry to tripple bump, just got off the phone with my dad, theres a stereo in the basement that NEVER gets used, so hes gunna shoot me the model number and all next time hes down there, give me something to research till class starts...I got NO problems ghetto rigging shit till i can afford good stuff.

imo if ur happy with what u have ecept for the crackels, ied try parts express and replace the current speakers, would be alot cheaper and u have pritty much all u need

if ur going on budget, in the search bar type "buyout", they have alot of stuff on there to use, i was thinking about making some big bookshelf speakers or something out of it, i mean $4 to $8 speakers works for me lol

i mean its not hard to replace some speakers, just measure what size they are and wala, helps stay under the budget u previously had

:drinks:

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Those look pretty nice, but you know, $400 plus shipping for those monsters, plus an amp :o

If you're going for quality, it might be a good idea to buy some speakers and build your own enclosures. Plus it would be a fun learning experience.

Those look pretty nice, but you know, $400 plus shipping for those monsters, plus an amp :o

If you're going for quality, it might be a good idea to buy some speakers and build your own enclosures. Plus it would be a fun learning experience.

trust me, thats what id like to do best, but i live in an apt, am in college, almost 800mi from home, so....building is just not an option right now unfortunately...trust me, if i lived at home, i wouldnt be on here, id be doing this all my own, and coming for advice on which drivers people who have experience with them prefer, lol. this is far from my first rodeo.

As far as an amp, my dad may send me this old amp from the basement that doesnt get used, its either a 4 or 5 ch, decent amount of power per ch IIRC, its his from back in college also, lol, kinda funny cuz now im in college (he was always like me, would rather spend money on something good than just buy budget and skimp and replace it in a year. Amp still works fine too! He offered to send it, so once i have specs i just gotta see what i can do with THAT amp and match it to some speakers...either a pair of bi-amped towers, or 2 towers and a pair of speakers to form a center ch. with the towers going nice and low....

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=303-422

and

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=303-420

look like some nice towers to me in my budget range, and would probably suit my needs pretty well...

• 1 month later...