Wtf Yall?

LSN2meBoom916

• 1 month later...

Hey fellas, sorry to revive this one, but once I saw it, I thought I'd chime in to clear up a couple of things.

LSN2meBoom916 (love your screen name by the way... :) )

You were really close when you highlighted the "Best of show" in red... but you missed the "-sound quality" part right after that. My truck was not the best of show by any stretch of the imagination when it comes to being a sexy beast... LOL Indeed, they have a category for that in MECA called PHAT Truck which, deservably, went to Mr. Matt Roberts and his gorgeous rig.

Nope, my truck won best of show in "sound quality" only. In fact, as you can see from the panel pic that Megalomaniac posted, it is a "stealth" install. The object being to disguise the equipment inside from would-be thieves. In fact, if you looked at the truck at a show, you'd have to look pretty close to realize that it is pretty special inside. At first glance, people just pass right by... Nothing "wow" about it... until you listen to it... which brings up another point:

My truck gets loud. But it is not an SPL truck. In other words, I don't compete to see what decibel level I can attain. Instead, I've purpose-built the truck interior to get as close as I can (with my limited do-it-yourself rookie-skills) to the sound you would hear in a studio or a really nice home system. It's really hard to do as you guys well know, but I love the challenge!

Regarding the shaggy doors. You guys are right on. The folks that wrote the article were interested in giving the Legatia 8 some exposure. At the time, my grills were not removable, so I took the panel off and took the pic that you see.

You are also correct about the liner. It is there to mitigate any buzzing from the wiring when the 8's are feeling their oats. For those of you who are curious, there is between one and five layers of B-Quiet Ultimate sound damping beneath the liner and a layer of B-Quiet V-comp between the liner and the door panel when assembled. The panel itself is laminated wood, two inches thick at it's highest and one inch thick at the thinner points. I promise, it doesn't vibrate even at full volume... LOL

So lemme see... I guess the bottom line is that my truck:

Is judged with ears and not eyes (thank goodness :blink: ). In fact, most of the judges close their eyes during the judging of each track... it's kind of strange when you watch, but the idea is to eliminate as many senses as possible and let only your ears make the call.

Is not an SPL rig. Even though I've got two 12 inch T3 Audio TS subs below your feet (one on each side), they only play from 30 Hz down and are EQ'd so they blend with the rest of the sound stage.

So there you have it, straight from the old horses mouth. I'm not in the least bit offended or anything like that, by the way. Just wanted to let you guys know the straight skinny on that particular event and the shaggy door pic... LOL.

Post any questions you may have, and I'll try to answer right away ...

Brooksie

Do you have any update photos? The ones from cardomain show you have IDs in the floor

The latest photos I have are on one of my teammates camera. His is nicer than mine, so I used it at MECA finals. I recently contacted him, hopefully he'll send them my way so I can update my poor cardomain site http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

Once I get them, I'll be happy to put them up here as well... just say the word!

I lost best of show to a guy w/ like 12 screens in a ext cab truck who had a big ol rectangular slot ported box for 4 Powerbass Extreme 12's where the back seat used to be- (I THINK it was removed...but it may have been in there and box chillin on top) and he had wires everywhere, hella haphazard not clean lookin at all. I just lost to some screens and thats ghey.

I'll give him that his setup was louder by about 2 db but he had 4 times the wattage, 2 more batteries that i remeber, and his subs were right behind his head in the backseat. I think a lotta the time it's a popularity contest.

IMO, maybe you've had diff exp's.

please tell me you are not talking about battle of the bass at sactown car audio?

banner2.jpghttp://www.DCSOUNDLAB.com/01 Chevy Silverado X-CabPioneer 4900 in Dash3 Stinger 2150'sIraggi 260 amp Alt.1/0 Stinger Wiring(2) DC lvl 5 18's(2) Hifonics Cyclops10 cu box tuned to 27hz

Archived