ErikAlm Posted August 10, 2011 Report Posted August 10, 2011 I need help designing a port for the enclosure i already have built. The enclosure is for 3 Type R 10" woofers and i would like to be around 35hz somewhere. Im a little bit confused on the port section of the program. I cant seem to get the tuning frequency below 45hz. I would like to have a single port across the bottom of the box if possible. All subs are driven from 1 amp so no need for chambers although i have not ruled it out completely. The front face of the box is still open because im going to fiberglass it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 0 EDIT: Using Torres Box Building Program
tonedeaf Posted August 10, 2011 Report Posted August 10, 2011 The wider and taller the port opening, the higher the tuning but also the larger the port per cube and overall port area. Shrink the opening to reduce port area and tuning. Lengthening the port after you have your opening will drop tuning. Adding bracing inside the box will take up space in the box and slightly raise tuning. You will probably need to make a port that uses only 1 common port wall (the floor of the box). With 3 10" Rs I'd shoot for 16-17 inches of port per cube and 35 hz will be perfectly fine.
LoudBurp Posted August 10, 2011 Report Posted August 10, 2011 and get google sketchup Best of Luck and Cheers! There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed, kinda like throwing money out a window.
ErikAlm Posted August 10, 2011 Author Report Posted August 10, 2011 and get google sketchup I think i figured it out. I had some wrong numbers in there that was throwing the box way off. Now i have to decide whether or not i want to add dividers or keep the box all one chamber.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.