Sonic Electronix

Installing 6x9 rear speakers

I bought subs and am having a friend install them so if someone could please lock this topic that would be awesome :)

Hey I'm new to the forums and I don't know much about car audio, but I def. love it and I watch tons of videos on youtube n shit and I just love it. So I just turned 16 a while ago and my dad won't let me get subs. I have try doin everything to change his mind to letting me buy them, but nothing worked. So for now until I am 18 I just am upgrading all my speakers in my car.

Right now I want to upgrade the 6x9 speakers but the problem is I have a buick skylark and you can't get to them that easy. I think if I remove the backseat I can, but I'm not sure. I know how to wire them and all that but I just need to know if there is an easier way to get to the stock speakers.

Also are these good? Pioneer TS-A6963R

If you guys have any more suggestions on good speakers please let me know.

Thanks - jmager

What year Skylark?

Generally you are going to need to remove a panel or 2, depending on where they are located.

Those are decent 6x9's for stock head unit.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

What year Skylark?

Generally you are going to need to remove a panel or 2, depending on where they are located.

Those are decent 6x9's for stock head unit.

1997 I'll post some pictures tomorrow of the back panels and seat. Thanks for the help so far :)

Archived