I've heard of those kinetiks failing more then step-downs.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

I've heard of those kinetiks failing more then step-downs.

The Kinetiks don't fail. The user does. Granted they have a 12 volt post which looks quite inviting to use for your mids and highs and car to use. However, I've noticed that by using that 12 volt post on the HC16V it pretty much brings your life span of the batteries down to a few months. They also don't like people leaving their external regulators hooked up all night. Once you completely drain them like that, it's time to buy new ones.

But, if you take care of them and disregard the 12v post and don't leave a draw on them for days at a time without recharging them, they will last just as long as an XS power. I've had mine for about 6 months with no issues what soever and they still rest as high as the day I got them.

Hummer H2

(8) Crossfire XS V2 15's

(4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s

(16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange

http://www.youtube.com/Owners1

I'm not using a step down anyway, so theirs no point in arguing about it in this thread. I ask the question just to see what you guess thought. Yes curiosity got the best of me plus I was bored at work. Also I have a 330 alt on my car to help run my Mids and highs, yes I know it's overkill but I got a great deal, bc I packaged it with the other alternator, bracket, and voltage regulator. Also, I still haven't got my batteries bc I've been busy. I didn't order them off line. I bought them from a friend of mine (beau boren). Some of you may know him. But when I finally get all my equipment I'll be running 2 18s (haven't decided which ones yet) on 4 Memphis mc1.2500s. I have one more 2500 to buy and then I'll decide on subs. If you reas this entire post then you are truly a car audio fan/addict lol :)

I'm not using a step down anyway, so theirs no point in arguing about it in this thread. I ask the question just to see what you guess thought. Yes curiosity got the best of me plus I was bored at work. Also I have a 330 alt on my car to help run my Mids and highs, yes I know it's overkill but I got a great deal, bc I packaged it with the other alternator, bracket, and voltage regulator. Also, I still haven't got my batteries bc I've been busy. I didn't order them off line. I bought them from a friend of mine (beau boren). Some of you may know him. But when I finally get all my equipment I'll be running 2 18s (haven't decided which ones yet) on 4 Memphis mc1.2500s. I have one more 2500 to buy and then I'll decide on subs. If you reas this entire post then you are truly a car audio fan/addict lol :)

Good choice not to run them. If you are looking at running that kind of power then I support your switch to the big 16v. You did ask for opinions on the subject though so I gave my honest opinion above. I have been running 16v for over a year now so I know all of the pros as well as the cons to having it.

Hummer H2

(8) Crossfire XS V2 15's

(4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s

(16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange

http://www.youtube.com/Owners1