AP-3000D to 2 D2 subs?

i was looking at a Audiopipe 3000D amp, for my 2 15" RE SX subs they are D2..

i found out that the 3000d does 3000rms@ 2 ohms...to one sub.. or 1500rms @ 1 ohms for each sub..

so basically, could i hook up my two D2 15's and get 1500ish rms each sub?

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

i was looking at a Audiopipe 3000D amp, for my 2 15" RE SX subs they are D2..

i found out that the 3000d does 3000rms@ 2 ohms...to one sub.. or 1500rms @ 1 ohms for each sub..

so basically, could i hook up my two D2 15's and get 1500ish rms each sub?

It works that way because it is just 2 x 1500 boards internally strapped. So it would be like running 2 of their 1500d's.

So yes you can do 3000 RMS @ 2 ohms (each board sees 1 ohm) or 1500 each channel aka each board. So each board would run 1500 RMS seperately. Hope that makes sense. You'd have to understand how strapping works.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

yeah i've never strapped an amp, so then yes i could hook this amp up to my Re's and get the full 3000rms @ 2 ohms ?

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Bushwacker fender flares

yeah i've never strapped an amp, so then yes i could hook this amp up to my Re's and get the full 3000rms @ 2 ohms ?

Wire each sub in parallel and then series them at the amp for a 2 ohm load. Whala :drink40:

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

ill have to do some checking around to find out how to run them parrelel then series haha pretty new still. thanks for the help man

Bushwacker fender flares

ill have to do some checking around to find out how to run them parrelel then series haha pretty new still. thanks for the help man

Pretty easy, you can find the info all over the net and its covered here a lot. You can find diagrams too.

But since I am bored I will help lol

Sub 1

Hook positive to positive, negative to negative

Sub 2

Same as sub one

Now each sub is wired down to 1 ohm each...

MAke sense to far?

Pretty easy, you can find the info all over the net and its covered here a lot. You can find diagrams too.

**edit**

Found a pic,

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

**edit**

Found a pic,

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

hahaha okay cool thats exactly how i have them wired already.. lol i used the same diagram and went with it, but thanks for the help anyway! lol

Bushwacker fender flares

Yea its actually series at the subs then parallel to the amp. but that pic shows exactly what to do. I'd say you got a pretty good match up with those subs and that amp. Post a build log when you get it all together!

Yes that picture is, but you could do it either way. When I mentioned it the first time I did not have a pic yet.

I prefer parallel then series, but either way works.