Electrical question

i am planning on starting my build soon (dont worry, there will be a build log) and i plan on upgrading the electrical first. i was wondering if a 200 amp alternator and 2 batteries would be enough. heres a little run down of the system.

HU: pioneer 7 inch touch screen deck

front door: 6.5" Infinity kappa components

rear deck: 6x9 3 way infinity kappa's

speaker amp: DC 175.4

sub amp: DC 3.5K

subs: 2x DC lvl 4 12" w/ lvl 5 coils and 2 extra spiders

box: the biggest box i could fit is 4.7 cubes after displacement tuned to 32hz. subs/port firing forward and sealed off the trunk around the box.

batteries: havnt decided. was looking at batt cap 2000's. i would be running 2 batteries in the trunk and 1 upgraded under the hood.

2 runs of 0 gauge wire from front battery to rear battery bank.

so once again. do you think a 200 amp alternator and 2 batteries will keep my voltage around 14v with this setup

btw its goin in a civic

which configuration vc on the subs?

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

That should be good as long as you have zero gauge going from your alt to your front battery and a run on zero gauge going to one back battery and just daisy chain to the second back battery. My dad has a explorer and has the stock battery and stock alt and 4 of the batcap 2000s in the back and it sits at a good 14v

That should be good as long as you have zero gauge going from your alt to your front battery and a run on zero gauge going to one back battery and just daisy chain to the second back battery. My dad has a explorer and has the stock battery and stock alt and 4 of the batcap 2000s in the back and it sits at a good 14v

im getting upgraded charge cables so the wire will be thicker.. i will also do the big 3. and there will be 2 runs of 0 gauge to the back batt. and 2 runs over to the other battery

im getting upgraded charge cables so the wire will be thicker.. i will also do the big 3. and there will be 2 runs of 0 gauge to the back batt. and 2 runs over to the other battery

Sounds good. I would make your front battery a batcap 2000 just to have them the same

Sounds good. I would make your front battery a batcap 2000 just to have them the same

i dont think a batt cap 2000 will fit under my hood lol.. the civic batteries are like skinny and rectangular.. not like the fullsize battery..i was thinking a kenetik 800 i think it is for the front

Archived