93 Jeep Sahara Old School Soundstream / Eclipse / Kenwood Install

My dad bought some OS Soundstream Granite Pro 8" subs from me.

He also bought a Eclipse EA3422 Amp from me. They went together nice.

So he came by and asked me to build a setup for him. He wanted more bass, but he wanted more of a mid bass driver system. "No thumping crap" but "good sounding, extra low end my 6x9's don't produce well".

So I designed a box for the back of his jeep, fitting between the rear hatch and the rear seat. The amp is located underneath the back seat.

Each sub gets .75 ft^3 after displacement, and it is lined with poly. Sealed enclosure. They are getting around 125W @ 2 ohms

**As of 8/21/11 the box needs to be stained and sealed. But here it is now, will add pics when stain is done**

3/4" Birch 9 Ply

imag0144th.jpg

Look at the cuties!

imag0145ez.jpg

Dry Fitting (My dad)

imag0146b.jpg

Everything fit nice, time to assemble

imag0149uw.jpg

Box being sanded down

imag0151p.jpg

Box assembled

imag0153q.jpg

Other side

imag0152f.jpg

Subs in place (spaced out for a better sound stage, worked perfect)

imag0154f.jpg

Another

imag0155yq.jpg

Since it's his, I added terminals for ease of use. There is foam on the backside of the terminals

imag0156lq.jpg

Close up

imag0157o.jpg

Whala

imag0158q.jpg

For $200 total (Amp, Subs, and wood) it sound absolutely amazing. The eclipse amp was a perfect match for these subs. Problably one of the most fun builds I have done in months.

I will post pics when it gets stained, and a vid of it doing it's thang!

:drink40:

Edited by jmilch

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Also installed a Kenwood cd deck, Boston front speakers, and Boston top pillar 3" speakers all running off the head unit. Gotta snap some pics.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |