DeepHittersMagazine Posted October 29, 2007 Report Posted October 29, 2007 (edited) I need you input on a situation that I have to deal with or proposing. I print 30,000 copies per issue and printing, transportation, consultant cost, distributor cut, wholesaler fees is killing me. I give 25,000 to the distributor for the newstands and I keep 5,000 for promotions. What I get from the cover is about 50% percent of the net sale and broken down in 6 month time. Overall at the end of an issue I look at nothing in return and it gets tiring after a while. My new idea for this magazine which I did a double page spread announcement is: Take it to the net but instead of 4 issue per year, I would do 5 plus all the underground videos on the NYC underground car audio game (battles, sh*t talking, gossip, custom installs and so on...plus coverage of some of the magazines' business like going to shops, manufactures and backyard install guys. Discounts on local events and at the end of the year the subscriber gets a print hard copy of all five issues in one fat book. What do you think? should I do it? It would save me a sh*t load of money. Edited October 29, 2007 by DeepHittersMagazine Quote DeepHitters Website DeepHitters Facebook DeepHitters Youtube SuperBeast Youtube
Dale Posted October 29, 2007 Report Posted October 29, 2007 I need you input on a situation that I have to deal with or proposing. I print 30,000 copies per issue and printing, transportation, consultant cost, distributor cut, wholesaler fees is killing me. I give 25,000 to the distributor for the newstands and I keep 5,000 for promotions. What I get from the cover is about 50% percent of the net sale and broken down in 6 month time. Overall at the end of an issue I look at nothing in return and it gets tiring after a while. My new idea for this magazine which I did a double page spread announcement is:Take it to the net but instead of 4 issue per year, I would do 5 plus all the underground videos on the NYC underground car audio game (battles, sh*t talking, gossip, custom installs and so on...plus coverage of some of the magazines' business like going to shops, manufactures and backyard install guys. Discounts on local events and at the end of the year the subscriber gets a print hard copy of all five issues. What do you think? should I do it? It would save me a sh*t load of money. I think you should do it. The power of the internet is immense. You should wield it. There are many people who just hate waiting. It is your job to capitalize on their yearn for instant gratification. If it doesn't work like you expected, you can always revert to your former way of doing things, but do give it a try. Quote
DeepHittersMagazine Posted October 29, 2007 Author Report Posted October 29, 2007 The price for (4) issue a year was $24 dollars and the proposed price would $30 for all the stuff I mentioned. What do you think? Quote DeepHitters Website DeepHitters Facebook DeepHitters Youtube SuperBeast Youtube
DeepHittersMagazine Posted October 29, 2007 Author Report Posted October 29, 2007 (edited) . Edited October 29, 2007 by DeepHittersMagazine Quote DeepHitters Website DeepHitters Facebook DeepHitters Youtube SuperBeast Youtube
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.