Sonic Electronix

ok 89 supra currently has kenwood kdc-x994 4x 6.5" polk db651 to open air(doors) two boxed in pods(rears) also have a soundstream reference 405s five channel. well it seems my amp is dying and i was looking for new stuff anyway but the time is much more near than expected. what i wanted to do ultimately was get the

4x polk mm651 about $100 a set

1 or 2 sundown sa8s

these will be powered by

polk audio pa1100.5 around $375 ish

also want to put in

2x jl audio 6w3v3 d4ohm around $100 ish each

powered by a

polk pa400.1 around 150/170 ish

but upon thinking about that ill end up doing a near complete rebuild i started to wonder what else was out there for the same cost.

any thoughts would be great, idle love to get the best i can for the price...

now what im after is a good daily driven car that leans more towards SQ but not really, but deffinatly not a SPL but i do like to pound on occasion, i really want to have a great sounding stereo for any music imaginable without tweeking setting every time i change genre. i listen to lots of rock and lots and lots of talk radio but a bit of rap and little country. i just want it to be good all the time if i can. thoughts? ideas? ridicule?

thanks in advance.

i guess the goal is a good daily car leaning more toward the sq. i cant do all the crazy full on sq aiming and stuff like that. lets say i got that amp would its best match be polk MM series or morel maximo?

id go morel of polk any day, thats my personal preference though, id say morel has much better standing in the SQ realm than polk

looking price wise i could probly do the morel tempo series for not a touch more than the polks. that will probly be the way to go

also ive got 6.5 all around now but my fronts are tucked a way i dont care for too much. the factory speaks were in enclosures but only a 4". im thinking of maybe going to a 5-5.25" component in the front and modding the factory " box" do you think i would get better sound that way? can provide pics if needed. the factory fours just didnt offer enough sound.

if you can fit and upgrade to better speakers, id say go for it, i dont know how much difference you will notice form a 4 inch to a 5 inch or bit bigger speaker, but even just upgrading from stock will make a different

i have 4 x 6 in my front doors that are factory, ive not upgraded them yet, but i personally am gonna move up to 6.5s for the front doors, ill have to do some modding but i think ill like it better in the end

ive actually upgraded to 6.5 in the door already but they sit funny and im thinking a well mounted 5ish might actaully provide better sound. here is what i mean....

the smaller speaker is boxed the lager is open in back

IMG00028-20110303-1308.jpg

proper speaker proper mount

IMG00024-20110301-1807.jpg

bigger speaker proper mounts for a 92 door not for 89

IMG00029-20110303-1352.jpg

IMG00031-20110303-1401.jpg

IMG00030-20110303-1400.jpg

do you think a proper mounted five would be better??

glassing is a non option in this car as i cant figure out how to do it without it being awkward looking...ideas thoughts?

Cut that metal out and move that speaker up

2"'s

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz