Sundown Audio

somebody want to give insight ?

dugee81

i recently purchased a sundown 3000D for my HDC3, and i had a question regarding the amp as compared to my hifonics XX colossus. what makes sundown produce such raw power other than magic and good materials ? it seems that running the 3000D @ 2 ohm (producing what the specs would say 1600wrms) is louder, sounds cleaner, and gets lower than my XX colossus which the sub ran @ 2 ohm bridged (producing 3200wrms)?? last year discussing my amp on the forums, people told me that the hifonics was underrated and a true beast, i believe it! it was awesome while i still had it. but now playing on the sundown, it seems louder than the hifonics on half of the power ??

would anyone like to try and give insight on this ? chat told me to come here

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

It has alot to do with component quality and the overall amp topolgy.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

It has alot to do with component quality and the overall amp topolgy.

thank you for your response. i wish i had the other amp so i could get them both in on the TL. so does the quality of the components determine how well it will receive, process, and send out the lower end hz signals ??

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Archived