Sundown Audio

What amp to use with my MTX Thunder 6000's???

Now I know that my MTX 10" 6000 Series Subs are not TOTL, but I got 2 of them for $50, and they are practically new. So I figure it would be a good step to having a fairly decent system in my 1996 Ford Explorer. But I have hit a road block, I am really not sure what amp to buy to properly power these Subs. I am also on a budget, trying to keep the amp cost under $200, under $150 would be even better, so does anybody have any suggestions?

Also, I don't plan on asking this one question, and leaving. I plan on doing a whole build topic for my Truck, I am just doing the research right now.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

Maybe it would help to post the specs on the speakers in question...

I have 2 of these keep in mind, Here are the specs on them.

Size: 10 Inch

Impedance: 4 ohms

Voice coil: Single Voice Coil

RMS Power Range (In Watts): 50-250

Peak Power (In Watts): 500

I am considering the Rockford Fosgate Prime R150-2 150, but with a RMS of only 50 Watts, and a peak of 150 watts, I don't think it will be useful considering the speakers can take much more power.

Or am I wrong to think this? I am still pretty new to car audio, so any help, even saying a I'm a noob, and tell me to do some research would be a start.

I have the R150 and the birth sheet says it puts out 172 watts RMS. That would honestly probably be enough for the subs. Youve got 2 SVC 4 ohm subs, so they're gonna wire to a 2 ohm load.

Thanks for the response, I will probably go with the RF one then, they are reasonably priced, and a good brand name. The way I got the subs though, is kinda weird....

I got them in a box, but the box has 2 separate sections for each speaker. so I don't have the same connection for both, each sub has it's own binding posts on the box. Will this affect the load on the amp?

I know on my home stereo I have 2 pairs of 8 ohm speakers hooked up running at the same time, thus putting a load of 4 ohms on my amp.