Second Skin Audio

bandpass calculations?

dcofer

I enjoy learning how to design the different styles of boxes but the ones that have always gotten me are the bandpass designs (both 4th and 6th) and when they are favorable over other designs.

Ive found some standard equations for a 4th order online and run them through Matlab using a 10" Fi Q as my test calculation. But Based on the calculations it wants a 0.1059cuft vented chamber and a 0.4116cuft sealed and this sounds just plain wrong to me. most other builds I see people referring to different ratios but im sure they change but vented is often larger then sealed i believe.

Also how should box be tuned?

This is a new area to me and I'm just tryin to learn :drinks:

Start with .5 sealed and 1.25 ported with 16sqin of vent tuned to 45

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Don't get me wrong I trust your suggestion as your designs are very successful from everything I've seen. I dont actually currently have a sub for the box just using parameters to learn and see if I get reasonable results.

I'm interested in the math associated with the designs.

But trust me I wont get butt hurt if you dun feel like sharing that information personally Ray, I understand that it is part of your business.

Archived