Second Skin Audio

Will this box work?

It is low on the port area side however I am not completely sure how to do it on areo ports but one 4" areo 10" long should tune you around should tune you to ~35.11hz using Torres calculator. If you can get one wth flares on both ends

edit: This port and before you seal it solid you can test different lengths and see if it is sounding right to you but I would start at 10" long

That's the one I was looking at. Does the port have to be in a certain location in the box or can I have it on the side?

as long as it is ~4-6" from any wall or obstruction it should work just fine on the side. just make sure you have clearance from the sub inside also when you determine the exact location

I'm having serious reservations about the port length variations... but if you really wanted to do that, I would suggest adding the same slant to the other end of the port to match. That should get rid of any issues with the port length variances. Maybe. :shrug:

I wonder if Ray would chime in on this thread...

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

thought about putting the port on the bottom of the box coming out the side like some of the Boston acoustics do and i believe some kicker prefabs did it as well that would fix all your issues

Build in progress

Alpine CDEHD-138BT

Alpine SPX-17PRO 2x

Alpine SWS-15d2 2x

Alpine PDX-V9 2x

Alpine PDX-M12

Stinger SPC5050

Stinger 1/0ga and 4ga

Audioquest interconnects and Speaker wire

Dynomat 10455 mega bulk pak

Dynomat 1/8 and 1/4 liner

All that in a Reg cab truck and it wont be a blow though