I want to get some HID's for my 88 Eldorado. I was reading up about them and everyone says they should be done correctly with the projector retro fit and cut-offs. The thing is, is my car has those older style square headlights unlike the newer clear lense ones. I know they will work and all but my concern is will they be ok as far as on coming traffic since the lenses aren't clear and kinda limit the "hot spots"?

Something like this should work just fine. You don't need clear lenses for HID's to be bright. However if they are crazy oxidized, I'd suggest buffing them out or getting some of that headlight restore crap. Its a kit that includes and abrasive and a polish.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_37617_Race-Sport-Accessories-9005-10000K-HID-Bulbs.html

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

their not oxidized like the clear lenses get but they have that foggy-ish look that cars from the 80's have. Thats the best I can describe those kind of lights.

Are they yellowish?

hes talking about the headlights that arent crystal clear. go google 88 eldarado and youll see what i mean. and the problem is, i dont think anyone makes aftermarket clear housings

their not oxidized like the clear lenses get but they have that foggy-ish look that cars from the 80's have. Thats the best I can describe those kind of lights.

Are they yellowish?

hes talking about the headlights that arent crystal clear. go google 88 eldarado and youll see what i mean. and the problem is, i dont think anyone makes aftermarket clear housings

I don't need to google Eldorado headlights, I know exactly what they look like. I KNOW he isn't talking about clear lights. My 90 Chevy full-size had non clear headlights and I used to sand them and buff them to get back to as bright as they came stock. You have to get all the edges where light comes in and it brightens them up a bunch.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

The lights are fine. I just wanted to know if they wouldn't blind oncoming traffic because they are not clear. I'm worried about not blinding people. A lot of people just buy HID kits and throw them on. The correct way is to buy that projector kit they have that puts all your light on the road. I just need to know if an HID kit will be ok for me since they don't make clear lenses and the projectors.