XS Power

Hi everyone. I'm new to this. As of right now, all I have done to my car is a Kenwood eXcelon x-494. I have no amps installed at all. Nothing installed other than the headunit. I have in my possession 2 Sundown Audio SA-12 D4's and I'm ordering an AudioQue 1200D today or tomorrow. I have a stock alternator *140 Amps* and a Diehard *crap* battery. I have really bad voltage drops as is for no reason. Because of this, I'm swapping my alt for a remanned OEM alt and I want to swap the battery for something better. I can't really afford a H.O. alternator right now and my car is 12 years old. I've taken her to 2 mechanics and both say a diode is possibly on it's way out in my alt. So I'm swapping it. I've been looking and I can't decide what is better for under the hood. I would need it for starting power AND to power the system. So what's better? XS or Kinetik? I have a 99 Pontiac Bonneville with 200K on her. I don't want to burn her out. I'm also going to be doing the Big 3 in 0 gauge wire from KnuKoncepts. Any help please. I'm really anxious and I need suggestions on the battery I would need. I want almost no dimming if possible. I don't know if I should go with XS or Kinetik. And if it's possible, could you provide me with a model of each that would fit in the stock place where my battery is now? I don't know what size would fit. Thank you so much :help:

Edited by 99BonneSLE

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SLE. 200K on the dash. Yvonne...or Vonny for short

D3400 will fit in stock location. Ibar kit 551 or 555 if you are still running side posts.

This should answer the other part of your question.

Thank you for the response. Will the D3400 suffice as a starter battery and as a battery to power my 2 SA-12s? I'm also going to be doing the big 3 in 0 gauge.

I just got my alternator put in along with a new belt. She started at 14 volts and gradually went down and stayed normal. After a bit of driving on the highway, coming to a stop, the voltage drops. I turn the wheel from a stop to make a turn into a street, voltage drops. I'm so confused. I just don't understand why

But when I come to a stop too? I don't understand. I wish it would stop. Especially since I'm adding extra draw. I don't think an XS 3400 and the Big 3 will stop the dropping. I just don't understand what the probably could be

But when I come to a stop too? I don't understand. I wish it would stop. Especially since I'm adding extra draw. I don't think an XS 3400 and the Big 3 will stop the dropping. I just don't understand what the probably could be

When you're stopped you have low rpms then the motor isn't turning as fast. Which means the alt isn't at full output.

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock