As A Technician you can get some pretty good scanners. If you just want to show and erase codes i would get a 85 to 140 dollar code thrower that can be found at autozone/parts plus/ etc. If you want a big dog diagnostic tool, i prefer Snap ON, Such as the Modis/Solus/Verus/or Ethos. I even love the new Solus Ultra, it is a tough machine, easily diagnose a car before you even pop the hood on it. You can view any car you want and look up almost any kind of information you need on it. If i remember right, the Solus Ultra just released a week or two ago so its a a great price right now so i would definitely jump on it. i picked mine up 2 days ago..

BTW.. The Mac Tools scanner called launch is a very good scan tool also, has lots of information available. there is one downside with some of the tools that were released, so if you invest in one i would stay close to the mac dealer. They have a problem with the internal board that causes the touch screen to stick and shut off

Edited by Toady