Okay guys, With all the problems i have been having lately i decided that i should invest into a OBDII Scanner, I know i can get codes pulled at autozone but they are some dumb fucks.

Anyways do you all have any suggestions on a OBDII Scanner that shows live data? I want something that can help me troubleshoot a issue so im not guessing and throwing money at a issue.

I have seen some at autozone but idk.

Preferable in the >150 range

you arnt going to find a decent scanner for $150. especialy one that will display live data. within your price range this is proably the best you would be able to get, and it doesnt display live data. it will display freeze frame data.

now if you were to bump your price range up to say $250 you could get the basic scan tool from here. i own this one, it is nice because i always carry my laptop with me and i always have the cable in the laptop bag. i dont use autoenginuity very much, it can be difficult to navigate.

my favorite scan tool kinda got me put in the doghouse until further notice. <_< my wife was pissed when she found out i dropped 10 grand on a scanner, but i absolutely love it. :pardon: you proably wouldnt want to go that far out of your price range, but just in case here is a link

overall tho i think you should do alright with the mac handheld scanner. best of luck to you.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

At sears they have a nice scanner in your price range. It is craftsman brand one. My friend has a matco one and it looks identical to the craftsman one. Craftsman $150 vs. Matco $600. You choose lol.

holy shit. 10 grand on an OBDII scanner! :drink40:

im sure its like the ones at school connects to any car and tells you pretty much anything and im maybe even program the car. that might be another scanner for programming also i can't remember for sure

oh yea this scanner does just about everything. if you have trouble finding something vehicle spec wise on the scanner itself, thare is no need to go to a computer. just open the web browser on the scanner and pull up alldata or mitchell. this thing is amazing. if man could marry machine i would leave my wife and marry this scanner. lol jkjk

© crispy_chick3n inc

holy shit. 10 grand on an OBDII scanner! :drink40:

im sure its like the ones at school connects to any car and tells you pretty much anything and im maybe even program the car. that might be another scanner for programming also i can't remember for sure

oh yea this scanner does just about everything. if you have trouble finding something vehicle spec wise on the scanner itself, thare is no need to go to a computer. just open the web browser on the scanner and pull up alldata or mitchell. this thing is amazing. if man could marry machine i would leave my wife and marry this scanner. lol jkjk

alldata tells alot but hard to read for a newbie like me sometimes. wolfram alpha is pretty good to u can find anything on that site

i was actually refered to this scanner by someone local

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000KID31K/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/191-6006039-6132341

does the same as the mac scanner. the one possible benefit would be the access to an oline database, but i have never herd of, or seen one of these scanners, so i wouldnt be able to judge the quality of it or the database.

Edited by crispy_chick3n

© crispy_chick3n inc