10 000 Watt Kicker Amp

Ok so polecat i got a question for you...Im going to get rid of my autotek mm3000's and the shop near me is wanting to get one of these out on the streets, being that i might start working for this shop and they are one of the biggest kicker dealers in central fla maybe ill get a btter price then normal, but the only thing im worried about is the subs in my truck. I have 4 tc sounds 5200's. They are QUAD 1 ohm subs...You said you would need two dual 4's to make a 2 ohm load, i still dont completely understand the push-pull concept, but would i be able to work something out with these subs... wire two subs up to 4 ohms and the other two up to 4 ohms and then wire those down on eahc side..two a 2 ohm load? i want to make sure i get this right before i go throwing money down on an amp...it is going to take me a while to afford this thing but hopefully ill have it in the next few months....Thanks for your help.

this is why i am lost

sounds to me like he would be running a 2 ohm load per "side" 4 quad 1ohm subs, each sub series to get 4 ohm, parallel 2 subs to 2ohm per side...netting dual 2 ohm loads!

what am I missing?

IB3 22"

• 2 weeks later...

forgive me for being a jackass Pole :D

but:

Is either A: or B: true???

A: amp needs 2ohm load per side

B: A: plus must be DVC as well

(I don't see how the amp "knows" the difference between an SVC,DVC,QVC, or any other multiple...so long as the total ohm load is 2 freaggin ohms!!!! :P )

IB3 22"

Ya couln't you use a quad 1 ohm sub with this amp.

parrel 2 sets of coils together.

Then you would have 2 sets of 2 ohm leads comming from the subwoofer.

I don't understand why that wouldn't work

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

forgive me for being a jackass Pole :D

but:

Is either A: or B: true???

A: amp needs 2ohm load per side

B: A: plus must be DVC as well

(I don't see how the amp "knows" the difference between an SVC,DVC,QVC, or any other multiple...so long as the total ohm load is 2 freaggin ohms!!!! :P )

yes it needs 2 ohm PER side, adn it needs to be a dual VC, as one side is PUSH, one side is PULL

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

yes it needs 2 ohm PER side, adn it needs to be a dual VC, as one side is PUSH, one side is PULL

wait a sec....

why not multiple subs with 1/2 their coils on 1 side and the other 1/2 of the cumulative coils on the other says that better

4 quad coil subs, total of 16 coils, 8 per side, all subs having a "push" and a "pull"

IB3 22"

I understand how it works now.

Its so simple we are making it hard on ourselves.

Unfortunetly I don't explain stuff very well but I'll try.

Screw it i'm not gonig to try and explain but its a very simple concept.

One side of the amp pushes the woofer out witch is connected to one of the two coils and the other side of the amp pulls the woofer back in with use of the second coil.

Its a giant switching device. imagine a ticker inside the amp that ticks back and forth. It moves back and forth depending on the frequency that is playing.

The ticker, every time it bounces off one side or the other it energizes it. Push or Pull.

Could It possibly compared to a Class D amp that is only 2/3s built?

Or could it be campared to the Phase A and Phase B that is in your homes electric panel?

Like I said I don't explain things very well but it seems to be a very simple idea and if I didn't explain it well atleast I get the concept.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived