Help Wanted: Car Audio subs/box

Hello, I'm currently working on my daily driver (1989 Mustang GT) and trying to dial in my sound system. I'd like to build and set up a well made subwoofer and box setup, but I don't have much experience in wiring, car audio, or acoustics. If anyone can help me out or maybe give me some insight, I'd greatly appreciate it. I currently have Sony Xplod speakers all 'round (2 4-way 5x7s just behind the rear seats, 2 6" 4-ways in the door panels, and 2 10" XS-GTX100LW subwoofers in a sealed enclosure with a dividing wall between the two sub chambers).

well first off...

welcome to the forum... do some research theres TONS of info on this site..

now to your question... whats your budget? what kind of headunit are you using? and more importantly who set up your system for you?

jus wana find out if your planing to replace anything. im guessing you are running your mids off your headunit. and as far as who installed your system. shops sometimes "take shortcuts" when doing installs.. which can cause MAJOR problems... so if i were you... double check everything...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

well first off...

welcome to the forum... do some research theres TONS of info on this site..

now to your question... whats your budget? what kind of headunit are you using? and more importantly who set up your system for you?

jus wana find out if your planing to replace anything. im guessing you are running your mids off your headunit. and as far as who installed your system. shops sometimes "take shortcuts" when doing installs.. which can cause MAJOR problems... so if i were you... double check everything...

Well I'm trying to work with what I have now, all my speakers are new. As far as building materials are used, MDF seems to be the most cost-effective choice (which is acceptable) and a binding element is a no brainer. Research has been done, I've learned a fair amount, but I can NOT find the datasheet for my speakers with ALL the needed info for the box designing programs. My dad and I installed everything, straight wired it all from the head unit to the mids and straight wired from the amp to the battery and subs and used the rc cables that came with the amp kit from the head unit. The head unit is from Best Buy, it's the Sony Xplod CDX-GT550UI. I don't think I'm forgetting anything, but I'm multi-tasking at the moment, so if I did miss any other information, let me know.