Second Skin Audio

Want low end, but dont have room for more than 8's or 10's help!

Will757

Well I recently got a 97 K3500. I dont want to take the back seat out just yet, so im doing a setup that will replace the center console in the front. I've taken measurements, and he biggest box i can go with would be maybe 2.5ft^3 not including the port. My last setup were 2 Fi Q 12's on a MMATS 3000.1 tuned to 30hz. i LOVE low end. but because of the small width between the seats, i can only fit 2 10's or maybe 4 8's comfortably. any suggestions on how i can get the most low end out of 2 10's or 4 8's? I would need to be able to run them of my 3000.1 so i can do 3000 @ 1ohm, or about 1500 @ 2 ohms.

Ive never built a sub before, but i was thinking of maybe getting a pair of 05 XXX motors and building a couple 10's, but i dont know if thats the best option.

and BTW the Fi Q 12's are for sale on CACO or just PM me if youre interested.

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :good:

1996 Buick Lesabre Limited - 2 Fi Q 12's, 5ft^3 slot ported box tuned to 30hz, MMATS 3000.1, JL G4500, 5.25" Polk momo comps, cheap 6x9's (rear fill), Pioneer DEH-P8300UB, Knu wiring throughout, Big 3 all 1/0, stock alt, stock batt, Deka 8a31 in the trunk

---Now gone to the younger brother, and all the equipment is sitting in my garage.

96 Buick Lesabre Build Log

My 2 DD3510's hit the lows all day everyday, so long as your port area and tuning are correct theres no reasons they wont hit low but obviously that depends on what subs you decide to go for

if you put subs that dont like to play low in a good low end enclosure, they wont get low. ive been there.

1996 Buick Lesabre Limited - 2 Fi Q 12's, 5ft^3 slot ported box tuned to 30hz, MMATS 3000.1, JL G4500, 5.25" Polk momo comps, cheap 6x9's (rear fill), Pioneer DEH-P8300UB, Knu wiring throughout, Big 3 all 1/0, stock alt, stock batt, Deka 8a31 in the trunk

---Now gone to the younger brother, and all the equipment is sitting in my garage.

epic 8s or 10s

RLi-8s or 10s I love those subs! the get nasty low, lots of out put and sound great!

ill have to check those out.

anyone know anything about orion HCCA's?

epic 8s or 10s

RLi-8s or 10s I love those subs! the get nasty low, lots of out put and sound great!

ill have to check those out.

anyone know anything about orion HCCA's?

I've personally used the RLi 10s, they work in as small as .45cubes ported lol.

HCCAs are decent subs. I've heard 12s in person, not the most musical imo.

Archived