Sundown Audio

Witch Amp would you run, and why?

RickyFriery97

personally i've never heard the AQ's... but i'd still go with the fosgate. cause of their solid circuitry and i'm not liking the way that 0.5 ohm looks lol something sounds a little off about that....

Those of you who are risking your relationships need to grow up. Bass can't make you sandwhiches.

You clearly haven't tossed lunch meat, cheese, and bread in your port yet. Makes a hell of a bologna sandwich salad. Jiggles the balls pretty good too.

If i ain't learning, I ain't living.

Steve blocked me on YT... I think i irritated him a few years ago.... LOL sorry man

I don't have any serious builds goin on... currently i have an Interfire IF-2400b pushing 2 Alphasonic PSW610J's...

I'm broke and i don't want my son deaf before he's 2 haha

personally i've never heard the AQ's... but i'd still go with the fosgate. cause of their solid circuitry and i'm not liking the way that 0.5 ohm looks lol something sounds a little off about that....

He's already got his tracking #'s on his fosgate so obviously he's already made his choice. But what sounds "off about 0.5 ohms" if I may ask?

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

lol i just am weird about my numbers... i'm not liking 0.5 ohms due to it being a bit lower than i'm used to and it sounds like it'd start to get a bit unstable in that area... but if i am wrong i would love to learn (no sarcasm intended at all) and i missed his post about the tracking number haha ---> :noob: can describe that moment for me lol

Those of you who are risking your relationships need to grow up. Bass can't make you sandwhiches.

You clearly haven't tossed lunch meat, cheese, and bread in your port yet. Makes a hell of a bologna sandwich salad. Jiggles the balls pretty good too.

Steve blocked me on YT... I think i irritated him a few years ago.... LOL sorry man

I don't have any serious builds goin on... currently i have an Interfire IF-2400b pushing 2 Alphasonic PSW610J's...

lol i just am weird about my numbers... i'm not liking 0.5 ohms due to it being a bit lower than i'm used to and it sounds like it'd start to get a bit unstable in that area... but if i am wrong i would love to learn (no sarcasm intended at all) and i missed his post about the tracking number haha ---> :noob: can describe that moment for me lol

Well if an amp is 0.5 ohm stable it should not be unstable at 0.5 ohms if everything is done correctly. Usally the main problem you would see would be voltage drop if your electrical cant support it... If your electrical isnt up to par and your voltage drops low then yes you would most likely have problems come about. But no its not necessarily unstable to run at 0.5 ohm but I will say if your wired that low you should know if your electrical is capable of supporting it.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Honestly with low end amps i've never seen much of a voltage drop (maybe 2 volts at the most on a heavy hit) and i never did much testing of a fosgate amp but i have seen their performance in friends applications. I appreciate that and now i'm gonna be looking out for instances like that (especially seeing the car i have now has a "neverstart" battery)

Archived