Ive seen this done before at the shop i work at. Its possible, but takes a good deal of man hours to get it done, also when it comes to lining up everything there are extra support brackets available for this. Ive seen people line up the Hd Frames with the 1500 cab before. they usually use stronger body bolts on account of the hd frame and a lighter body compared to the hd. I think this will turn out great man. but duramax on the 1500 frame is definitely out of the question, ive seen the chassis literally warp and twist, it takes some support to run a beast like that

where could i look for the support brackets, and what kind of bolts are we talking about here?, i mean like how much bigger?

The bolts in general are probably 1/4 of an inch bigger in diameter but the ones we used were higher rated than the stock bolts for weight and stability. As for the brackets ill throw up a link if i can still find the company

• 4 weeks later...

it is doable but u would have to make sure you got the whole wiring harness and all the computers or you will play hell making it run right. also the bed should bolt on may be a gap but i have seen guys around here with 06 trucks with the 97 bed on it..(ppl crack me up) you may need to measure and move the cab mounts as well ...good luck and if you do it post some pics

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

Why dont you look up Elliot Portworks, or Advanced induction, or Texas Speed and Performance...(I like Elliot Portworks, Llyod is a great dude to talk to and is very willing to share his knowledge and opinions if you take the time to give him a call) and check out the heads and cam packages available for your motor. The 5.3 is an LSx series motor....there is a shit ton of real go fast parts readily available for them... you could do a stroker kit (383 c.i.) add heads and a cam and all the supporting mods and have a 500+hp truck for alot less than just that duramax engine will cost. If you are that set on a diesel truck, your best bet is to trade in the one u have and get a diesel truck. Take it for what you will, but go fast cars are my true love, just gettin into all this audio stuff..

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO