Advice for a new sub

Guest HellTriX

Obsidian audio 12s, cant beat the price...and theyd be perfect.

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt

Guest HellTriX

Alpine type x 12" , good for sq and would work I'n your current b0x , and the jl1000 amp would power it nicely

For the price of the Type X I would rather see someone get 2 Type R's they still sound really great, I just don't think that the type x is worth the money

I agree with this.

DStortz, question for you. You have virtually the same equipment as me but with the addition of the mid-bass speakers from JL. I have the c5-650s and had considered adding the mid-bass so I could cross over the c5s higher and limit the sub lower and fill the gap with the mid-bass to maybe improve sound quality at louder volumes. Do you think this would be a good idea? I haven't had the opportunity to hear the Mid-bass JLs as they are a special order item out here.

• 1 month later...

I ran into the same problem when designing for a Sundown SA-12; the port is hard to design in a circular design. So a 13.5" deep rectangle it was with a port of 1.5 x 28.xx I'm building for a SQ and have no history with Sundown except the good things I heard for the value. My last sub was a JL 12W7 in a 4+ cu ft ported box tuned to to play a 23Hz F3 also that was 6 years ago, lol had other priorities but I'm back!

i have four type Xs for sale for cheap pm me if your interested i was tuned to 34 hz and was doing a 150 flat at 41 hz but could play music all day above 147 with three and a powerbass 4k . i have listened to a type X tuned lower like 29ish on an alpine 2000 so it was a little more power than your set up but not to much and it pounded like a mofo and sounded awesome

pm me

2 12ks and i dont know what to do

build in the works!

Archived