Sonic Electronix

First off I' like to say hello. My name is Kurk and I live in TX. I dive a modified 2005 Ford Taurus. Yeah you read right a "Taurus". Anyways.... Its in the progress stages still but looks good imo considering they make almost no after market parts for a taurus. If you wanna check out my ride you can check it out at the TCCA Website. I've got a few questions ect.. .but first this is what I have done system wise.

Lets see I've got:

Eclipse CD5000 headunit

Kicker 04 SS56.2 SS-Series 5 ¼" components

Mach Audio Pods with Kicker SS-Series Tweeters

Kicker DS693 6x9

Kicker zx350.4 amp

Rockford Fosgate T10001bd Mono Amp

I've also upgraded my alternator to a 210+ , trunk area is dynamated, also did a "big 3 upgrade". Here are a few pics of my equipment...

Head Unit:

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/2639/cdco7.jpg

Door speakers ans x overs:

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7237/ki...kerxoverzq9.jpg

Mack audio pods /w kicker tweeters:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/1654/ma...rskickerif3.jpg

RF t10001 mono amp:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2565/ampag1.jpg

Old setup with custom surround:

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3661/102ck.jpg

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/1433/118wb.jpg

Current Setup with Probox super bass ported box:

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1601/pict0165fa5.jpg

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2053/pict0167nz5.jpg

Ok so now to the questions... I plan on replacing my 05 version Kicker L7's with some 07-08 kicker L7's (black versions). Anyways one of my door speakers blew ... it was running on the kicker zx350.4 amp. Speakers are rated for 8-90 watts RMS, the amp was running 60 watts RMS so beats me how it blew... Any ideas? Oh I just remembered that the amp is dead as well mabey too much power running to the amp? The fuse on the power wire isn't blown.. Hmm can 2 amps shared a common grounding point? What went wronge lol... any suggestions on a new amp? My zx350.4 was running my doors/rears/and tweeters. Hmmm what else I plan on changing my trunk area to a fiberglass/carpeted box and surrounds. I have only dyanamated the trunk thus far... but after I get the car painted and molded I plan on laying down 2-3 layers of raamat and raamat the whole car. I like bass but I dont want to rattle my car apart lol. I listen to mostly rap and with my current setup I can set off car alarms so that ok for me atm... But Id like to better my system... Like say my door speakers... my moms mach audio components have more bass coming outta them than mine... of course I have no dyanmat or even factory insulation in the door so that could be the problem.. LOL anyways If you have any suggestions on how to better my setup please let me know... Btw if you couldn't tell im kinda partial to RF and Kicker products.

-Kurk

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

I find it hard to believe that no one here can answer my questions.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )

* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement

* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable

Well i try a few..... As for the kicker components, they are a dat over rated. I also have set rated at 90 wattr rms with gains set propperly and by doing the math its only sending about 65 watts to them as well. You either over powered them with a clipped signal, did you have any bass boost on them? Also what did you high pass them at? Yes if you have a good ground you can ground all your equipment there even a second battery or a cap. As for the dead amp, try sending it back to kicker. Maybe when the door speakers blew it cause a short and the amp didnt go into protect mode? Just a geuss. RF and kicker make the best amps so im sure you wont have anymore problems there, just send that one back to kicker. O yea one more thing man, when your looking for some of the 07 12" L7's i have a pair that got a little bit of use on em, a few months old. Im upgrading to a RE MT so they can be yours if you want em. Hope all that helps bro.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

Hmm, yeah pretty much. Basicly confirmed my thoughts I suppose... oh btw the amp was the old silver version of the kicker zx350.4 not the newer black version.. Hmm I cant remeber what everything was set ap .. .and i cant look cuz i took the equipment out already.. The only bass boot was for the subs... set with svc (sub volume control) on the headunit. Hmm mabey the headunit's EQ was set wrong? None of the fuses blew, so idk.... lol.

Could you mabey suggest some better component and amp or you think what i got is ok aslong as I upgrade to the newer version of the kicker zx350.4 amp???

Kermit TX... its between Andrews, Odessa/Midland and Pyote

Archived