2003 mitsubishi montero sport

lzim1372

I am looking for anyone out there who may have a 03 montero sport, and is serious about there spl, that maybe help out a newcomer in the car audio scene, i am looking for any tips on box placement, and any thing else to help me get my spl up, right now i am hitting 146.3 with 2 fosgate t1 12's and a fosgate t 1500 db amp... at 2 ohms.... any help i would really appriciate

i actually have a question for you. my buddy has the same exact car and we tried to find a place to run power wire/rcas etc from the front to the back and we couldnt find ANYWHERE. where in the hell did you run them? underneath the running boards along the sides of the car dont have any room to fit wire and he doesnt want to run the wire underneath the car.

hey bro sorry i am late responding, i ran my 0 guage wires from the battery down the center counsel, under the carpet in the back of the counsel and through the back seat, it is clean and easy to do, the rca's i ran under the door sills and if his is a 4 door the pillar moulding between the front and back door snaps off to run just under it, let me know if you need any other info

That´s not a bad score at all, have you measured the impedance rise?? i mean, if you wire that amp lower you should raise that score A LOT!! That´s what i would do before any new box or anything...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

That´s not a bad score at all, have you measured the impedance rise?? i mean, if you wire that amp lower you should raise that score A LOT!! That´s what i would do before any new box or anything...

I have not measure the impedance rise, I am using a fosgate t1500 amp and as i understand you get the same power at 1 ohm as you do 2 ohms, anyway i am ditching my system and upgrading to dc audio level 5's still not sure if i want to go with 12's or 15's, the monteros really dont offer much room in the back with the big wheel wells

• 4 weeks later...

I have not measure the impedance rise, I am using a fosgate t1500 amp and as i understand you get the same power at 1 ohm as you do 2 ohms, anyway i am ditching my system and upgrading to dc audio level 5's still not sure if i want to go with 12's or 15's, the monteros really dont offer much room in the back with the big wheel wells

Building around the wheel well is also an option. DC level 4's or up is a good way to start. What kind of box are you looking to do?

Here is my montero. 4 l7 15s on about 5k.

Thats nice man!!, i have decided on fi btl n3 15's i can fit the 2 in the back without sacraficing my backseats, and will be using dc audio 7.5k amp, i just got done using second skin alpha damp to kill rattles and flex on the roof and all doors and hatchback, box is being made should have eveything installed and ordered by the middle of next month

Thats nice man!!, i have decided on fi btl n3 15's i can fit the 2 in the back without sacraficing my backseats, and will be using dc audio 7.5k amp, i just got done using second skin alpha damp to kill rattles and flex on the roof and all doors and hatchback, box is being made should have eveything installed and ordered by the middle of next month

Nice man. what box are going with? you can always do 2 more btl's down the road in a iso baric setup. Mine sounded very good on that setup.

Nice man. what box are going with? you can always do 2 more btl's down the road in a iso baric setup. Mine sounded very good on that setup.

Im having dave the box guy design and build me one, dont know if you have heard of him but makes loud boxes, i have seen clamshell enclosures in monteros if i ever secide to go big i would want to do something like that, i am guessing just a 5 cuft box with the port in the back

Archived