DC Sound Lab

DC 12k Clamp Test

Kinda surprising since this is basically the same board as the American Bass 1100.1. And that amp does rated no problem even at lower voltage from the test i have seen.

The only difference between the DC and AB is the AB has 4 more caps in it

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

12k cost less but they are not strappable. I deff would have figured the 12K to put out more power than these test are proving.

I dont what what you guys do not understand about this. Is it that hard to see that after factoring in box rise that the amp is putting out exactly what it is supposed to put out. That was the point of this test and it proved exactly what it was supposed to.

For all of you who are complaining about the power this amp is putting out and that it just doesnt do what the name says, I will be testing it in my truck running on a regulated 14v system to get maximum power from the amp. I will be bridging at .67 for .33 per channel.

Same amp guys. Aq20k, xxx15000 and dc12k. Maybe different components but exact same boards.

I dont see how the AQ20 is the same board as the 12k. The AQ is a strappable amp and is a single channel mono block not a 2 channel amp. I think that would make it different than the 12k. I cannot find what the working voltage of the aq20 is though.

Kinda surprising since this is basically the same board as the American Bass 1100.1. And that amp does rated no problem even at lower voltage from the test i have seen.The only difference between the DC and AB is the AB has 4 more caps in it

NO. I believe the 9k and the AB 1100.1 are closer to the same amp. The 12k would be more comparable to the cactus 12k.

12k cost less but they are not strappable. I deff would have figured the 12K to put out more power than these test are proving.

Ok but this test is not anything but a test of a whole system instead of an amp with a dummy load on a test bench. It’s nice to see people posting test numbers.

What would be nice to see is all of the big amps tested at the same place by the same person on the same bench with the same load and same power supply. That would be a test to end all arguments to me.

I am always interested amps pulled vs watts produced and that is an important factor that gets overlooked on most test anyways.

mobile chornobyl