Sonic Electronix

So I am sick of my work van only having radio in it and not even a cd player so Since ima be driving it a lot (practically every day) I think its time to make things more comfortable. Though not lookin to dump tons into it.

Understand this is a company vehicle and not mine so I have to keep the doors, dash and pillars clean and uncut.

It has a grate behind the seats so I will be sealing that off with 1/2" plywood and maybe some SS Luxury Liner or equivalent.

for the deck I was thinking this Boyo Vision AVD700D (its not a brand I am familiar with but its cheap w/ Ipod capability and built in bluetooth, plus I can add a back up cam since I have no rearview)

I have a Power Acoustik SL4-1000 sitting in my attic so Im looking to put some non stock speakers into the van.

My question is what would be some good speakers? The doors are 5" x 8" and the two on the back wall can be whatever. I was almost thinking of dropping some 8" pro audio speakers in the back wall to try and give a little more bass without the need for a sub since I only have the 4 channel amp.

What are your guys thoughts on speakers? Im lookin to not spend much more then $50 per set of speakers ($100 or so for all 4 speakers)

I like powerbass speakers on a budget but their are alot of speakers out their you just got to look around and see what catches your eye.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

I bet if you keep an eye on smd classifieds and caco you will find a good deal.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Yeah I keep looking and reading reviews, ive found a couple that seem promising but ill have to just try something prolly. My main concern is the rear speakers and whether I should go pro audio or find a decent pair of coaxs.

This retarded speaker size is really limiting, wish I could cut up the door haha

I bet if you keep an eye on smd classifieds and caco you will find a good deal.

yep I have been keepin my eye on at least this forums classifieds haha but the odd speaker size ...

yep the doors and rear speakers will be amped off that power acoustic 4 channel, it says 85w at 4 ohm so I figure some 65w speakers would work good on it

Archived