Second Skin Audio

Aerio Port Sundown SA-15

mdwerner6942

I am using a slotted port, but think the port is off a little especially comparing it from winISD to SMD Torres box specs, just not sure as Torres did not allow TS Parameters like the winISD. I looked at 3" on side 17x27", but 2 x 4" would be more opening even if we used 3 3". Then 3" would havet to be in triangle to fit, and the 4" might fit if I use a extenion little outside the box assuming 4" flares need a least 4" distance from the rear of the box, box specs total are 17x17x27. 3" ports might be more stable being shorter ports then 4" 4" lowest we can get is like 33.8 Hz estimate the the Fs on sundown is 34.88, not sure as paper work says Fs will lower with break in as the specs are on 5 minute use of sub. Not sure if there is much difference on the sub as far as handling as they have a descent amount of power 1500 watts each. Current slot box on winISD is between 33-34 on Torres the box tuning shows up in the 40.43 Hz. winISD somebody told me its not realistic of what subs will sound in a car. I have done the wiring on systems, but new at boxes and just thought a aerioport design might be easier to change in and out, not cost me so much to change box port if I so desire. Precission Ports right now seem to be a little less then normal on line, so what does anyone think? I know in my home my sub woofer uses a aerio port design and its really low and nice sounding. If I tune below 34 to 30-33, I would have to go 3". on the winISD it shows outputs higher with slight change on low end in the 34-35 Hz area. 2 15s seem to be loud in ported box anyway, so its more the SQ we are looking for with out a major loss on dB output if possible.

Archived