Second Skin Audio

'02 chevy 1500hd box

i have drawn up a sketch of a box that i would like to put behind the back seat of my truck, which is a 2002 chevrolet silverado 1500hd crew cab, that will be holding 3 dc level 2 8s. let me what yall think. if you would change anything then feel free to post up what you would do.

0919110025.jpg

0919110026.jpg

Edited by sps1989

How are the port walls going to be oriented inside the box?

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

How are the port walls going to be oriented inside the box?

just straight down. pointing right between the subs and right out the top of the box. oh and i failed to mention that the subs are 3 dc level 2 8s

Edited by sps1989

• 1 month later...

okay i'll take a look at this tomorrow. out of curiosity, what's the thickness of the ports?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

i have played with many boxes in those trucks (i have basically the same one) and i dont think that it would be enough air space (correctly) back there for 3 of them back there and being ported. Seeing that they need .8 per sub and each sub displaces like .1 so .9 per sub then subtract the port displacement from that i do not think you can be near 2.4 internal.

I do know that it also depends on what power you run to them etc but there isnt much room back there.

Maybe because you are going 24 tall with it that may make it possible but itll be super close if it is.

I just put 2 in the back of a guys silverado 4 door (i wasnt going 24 tall with it) and it was really close to be able to port them...actually they ended up at .65 each after displacements. in his set up they couldnt move to their full potential because of the seat so it sounded a little muffled to me from back there with the seats up. it was a totally different system with the seats down.

Just some food for thought man i hope it comes out sick lol those 8s are awesome

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

I talked to rusty and he said that they do pretty good in a box .7-.8. And with me using 5/8" mdf it will give me about .72 per sub after displacement minus a little bit for bracing. So it will be close to .7. And my cousin has four of these in a sebring coupe running on a saz1500 in a 2.8 box, which is .7 each. And was in the 140s

okay i'll take a look at this tomorrow. out of curiosity, what's the thickness of the ports?

I will probably use either 1/16 or 1/8" steel. Depends on which one will be sturdier with or without bracing or grooves or what not