Sonic Electronix

I saw a substantial increase in both my charging voltage (rose from 13.6 to 13.9) and a more constant voltage under load by grounding directly to my battery versus the seat belt bolt I was using before that... So I'd suggest grounding to the battery

But where are your batteries grounded?

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

I think everycar has body bushings lol that's how the body is mounted to frame. I think the op has a power wire issue not a grounding issue. I have 10 rus of 0g front to back 3 alts and 6 batterys 2 in front 4 in back. I have both frame grounds and neg runs from alternator bracket. Do you know why mechman adds a grounding stud to there alt case? Cause the back half of alternator is the negative part and of course the post is positive. Most alts just use the mounting bolts as the neg point which in turn goes through engine block through factory ground wire to frame and or battery negative side. That's why big 3 helps because factory ground wire or strap is in sufficient also factory charge wire

Edited by dc98hoe

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.