Raise Idle voltage...lower cold start voltage

So I switched my truck over to a 14v electrical setup a few months back. Since then I have had an issue thats really not that big of a deal but if I can do something about it I would like to. So at idle my truck will sit in the mid 15v range...at around 1500-2k RPM my truck will charge 16.4-16.8...is there anything that I can do to raise my idle voltage but not raise my voltage at speed? I have a Mechman harness that allows me to adjust my voltage but if I "turn it up" then my voltage at speed with raise as well.

Also is there anything I can do to keep my cold start voltage down? On a normal "cold" start during the summer months my truck would be around 16.8-16.9volts...well now that the temp outside is dropping my truck is starting up charging around 17 volts..so far as high as like 17.4. The only thingg I have been able to do is crank the AC full blast and turn my headlights/highbeams on for a few till the truck warms up. What can I do about this?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

If I turn down the harness then my charging voltage will also go down.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived