Im an Idiot with home audio... Help pls..

i know for a fact that you can get a 6ft 3.5mm aux to RCA cable for about 10 bucks at Best Buy, and possibly cheaper somewhere else. i say it's worth an extra 5 bucks to be able to just plug and play instead of trying to splice everything.

as far as the sub goes, i personally wouldn't recommend plugging the subwoofer into the speaker terminals. it probably works, but it's definitely not optimal. you have a couple options:

1)you can power it with a car amp by hooking it up to a 12 volt battery and then keep the battery charged with a 12 volt charger as stated above. (not sure exactly how you would ground the battery, but i'm sure there's an article on it somewhere)

2) you can get your hands on a cheap plate amp, or a nice crown amplifier, depending on your budget and preference. this is probably the easiest and most optional route to go.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Well thanks guys that clears up a bunch of the questions I had! I can make about anything work in a car but it's just different to me in the home realm lol... I will get the aux cord and see what I wanna do for a home sub as well :) thanks all!! This is why smd will always be the best forum for audio!

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

Well, for the ipod, you need an RCA to 3.5mm headphone jack. for the sub, all you need to do is hook it up to the speaker outputs of the back of the receiver. if there is not any speaker outputs on the back of the receiver, than you need to get a receiver that does. if you do need to, check out pioneer.com. they make amazing receivers

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud