Kevlar vs carbonfiber mids?

FocusPowa

Okay I'm going to be getting either a component or a coax 5x7 by bravox. I have the lower diamon series and I was wondering the rms of bother the Kevlar and CF are are same rms of 80. Just didn't know if one had more benefits than the other. The carbon fiber ones are more expencive but I always know that more expencive isnt always better but I don't want to get one thing when the other would've been better. Also my dad thinks the Kevlar would last longer as the carbon fiber could come unwoven in time possibly? Thanks.

Okay I'm going to be getting either a component or a coax 5x7 by bravox. I have the lower diamon series and I was wondering the rms of bother the Kevlar and CF are are same rms of 80. Just didn't know if one had more benefits than the other. The carbon fiber ones are more expencive but I always know that more expencive isnt always better but I don't want to get one thing when the other would've been better. Also my dad thinks the Kevlar would last longer as the carbon fiber could come unwoven in time possibly? Thanks.

im not 100% sure, but carbon fiber is used in many of the more expensive speakers because its very light for the cone and very stiff so it will be very clear and accurate, how much more are they?

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

im sure the difference isnt only in the cone. if one falls apart, you did something terribly wrong to it. neither will have a resin to them so its just woven fibers.

im sure the coil, motor and spiders are all different between the speakers as well. you should post links.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

if you want people to help you... dont tell them to go look for themselves. make it as insanely easy as possible. :good:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

You'll fry a coil or have some other mechanical malfunction before the cone falls apart.

Between the SQ of kevlar vs. CFRP; the passive crossovers will have more to do with how they sound than the materials used to make the cone. While kevlar & carbon fiber are both very strong, they're only strong when woven as a reinforcement of some sort of plastic (the resin). And depending on what & how much resin was used, there may be no benefit to using kevlar or carbon mat other than for marketing & bling purposes.

Some of the finest sounding speakers I've ever heard for either car or home have been paper woofers. I have a pair that are nearly 30 years old and still function 100% today. Don't play the materials or RMS game; use your ears.

You'll fry a coil or have some other mechanical malfunction before the cone falls apart.

Between the SQ of kevlar vs. CFRP; the passive crossovers will have more to do with how they sound than the materials used to make the cone. While kevlar & carbon fiber are both very strong, they're only strong when woven as a reinforcement of some sort of plastic (the resin). And depending on what & how much resin was used, there may be no benefit to using kevlar or carbon mat other than for marketing & bling purposes.

Some of the finest sounding speakers I've ever heard for either car or home have been paper woofers. I have a pair that are nearly 30 years old and still function 100% today. Don't play the materials or RMS game; use your ears.

that

plus everyone thinks silk dome tweeters sound smoother than metal dome, but that's not always true. I've heard some silk domes sound harsh as hell. There's other factors that more important to how a speaker sounds than the cone material

if you want people to help you... dont tell them to go look for themselves. make it as insanely easy as possible. :good:

I'm on my phone so it's kinda hard to me to find the link then copy it Cause my phone doesn't natively support flash. Seems thats the only downfall of it.

Thank you everyone for your imput. I talked to the manufacturer and they said it was all different on the inside. I think I'm going to end up with the higher end one. It's only like 20 bucks difference for me.