Second Skin Audio

my first box..

I really want to do my own box.. not just because of lack of cash... But I'd like to learn how... My main problem is what kind of box... Ported, sealed or a bandpass... My seats don't fold down.. I just want to hit lows...

2009 impala lt

3 alpine type r's

Ap 3000

Any input I'd appreciate...thanks

I don't know what dimensions you have to play with in that trunk. When thinking of how much sir space, you need to figure in air space that the subs AND port will take up. You need around 6 cubes before displacements I'd guess. You'll need about 4.5 cubes of air NET(after port and sub volume). Also, what is the configuration of the subs? Dual 4 ohms or dual 2 ohms?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Dual 4 ohm.

And its way too dark to go outside and take measurements... But these trunks are fairly roomy.

And I don't mind using up the whole trunk.

Noob question

What is sir space?

Sir space is when autocorrect kicks me in the balls. It was supposed to say AIR space. Haha, sorry for confusion!!!

Dont feel stupid for asking questions dude. I think it'll take a good amp to power all 3. Your final ohm load when they are all wired up to the amp is gonna be 2.67 ohms BEFORE box rise. Once you have measurements on what you can get out of that trunk, I could give a better suggestion. If you have enough(and I feel like you might) id go ported if it were my ride. That AP puts decent power out in the 2 ohm range doesn't it? Subs should definitely face the trunk since your seat won't come down. Once built? You could move it around to see if there was any difference, but firing toward the trunk would be my first try.