Making a Jig (base,trim,Grill) Need HElp !!!

Whats up everyone.i need a favor .i was wondering if anyone can help me or give me tips or advice of how to make a jig like make a design base,trim n grill piece .this help me n others alot for future builts.i will post pixs of wat im talking bout .thanks again for viewing =]

Edited by BOndoCustomz

Most fabricators/installers have router templates to make those kinda pieces(bought templates)

Like smart templates http://www.mobilesolutions-usa.com/smartparts/smarttemplates.htm

Spend some time with some 1/8in hardboard and you can make your own. It cuts easy and sands very well, you can also use 1/4in or 1/2in mdf. If it's a template you think you might use more then once you may want to consider transferring the wood templates to some kinda of plastic material for any longevity out of them.

Now to get perfect gaping(if final project will be wrapped in vinyl) for the templates and inserts it takes a little technique and router skills with a combination of a few different bits and router bearings. This I can't exactly explain as I have yet to experiment with and would like to know whats combination of bits work best to get a nice gap so I can wrap pieces in vinyl.

Not my pic.

Whole wall of router templates.

img0678uh.jpg

Most fabricators/installers have router templates to make those kinda pieces(bought templates)

Like smart templates http://www.mobilesolutions-usa.com/smartparts/smarttemplates.htm

Spend some time with some 1/8in hardboard and you can make your own. It cuts easy and sands very well, you can also use 1/4in or 1/2in mdf. If it's a template you think you might use more then once you may want to consider transferring the wood templates to some kinda of plastic material for any longevity out of them.

Now to get perfect gaping(if final project will be wrapped in vinyl) for the templates and inserts it takes a little technique and router skills with a combination of a few different bits and router bearings. This I can't exactly explain as I have yet to experiment with and would like to know whats combination of bits work best to get a nice gap so I can wrap pieces in vinyl.

Not my pic.

Whole wall of router templates.

img0678uh.jpg

oh thanks i kinda gettin it .i guess i gotta invest in some templates from mobile solutions lol =]

You can buy or make your own templates. I tend to try an make as many as I can as I do not have the money to buy MBS templates.I usually get my shapes , rough cut , then sand by hand until I feel it is good enough. Also know that a router will "round" per day any "sharp" croners.

You can buy or make your own templates. I tend to try an make as many as I can as I do not have the money to buy MBS templates.I usually get my shapes , rough cut , then sand by hand until I feel it is good enough. Also know that a router will "round" per day any "sharp" croners.

thanks i will try n let u know

Edited by BOndoCustomz