I just picked up my new toy today. its an "89 k5 blazer one ton" as advertised. it has the gm 14 bolt axel in the rear but in the front im not sure witch axel it is. I was told 2 things by 4 diffrent people and im getting frustrated. the model numbers on it say 44-8 and it's an 8 lug. ive ben told that it is a dana 44 converted to 8 lug and ive also ben told its a dana 60. could anyone help because it neads front hubs and brakes and i want all the RIGHT parts.

I just picked up my new toy today. its an "89 k5 blazer one ton" as advertised. it has the gm 14 bolt axel in the rear but in the front im not sure witch axel it is. I was told 2 things by 4 diffrent people and im getting frustrated. the model numbers on it say 44-8 and it's an 8 lug. ive ben told that it is a dana 44 converted to 8 lug and ive also ben told its a dana 60. could anyone help because it neads front hubs and brakes and i want all the RIGHT parts.
got any pics of the housing??? <_< how many bolts??? Edited by BURRITO

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

Well I can tell you right now it's a D44, & it probably is a conversion. You can get all the parts to do it from napa & autozone and also if you find a junk 78' F250 for the hubs & calipers.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Well, then that's what it's gotta be especially if has 44-8 printed on it. must have just swapped out the whole thing altogether.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.