Woo! Speakers coming, again!

Well, my Peavey SP218/PV215 system is great, but it's WAY too bulky for my needs. For what I need, it's okay, but I need something lightweight & easy to use. So, I'm working on selling my current gear, and purchasing a set of Electrovoice ELX115P 15" two-way powered loudspeakers, and as soon as funds become available, a set of Electrovoice ELX118P 18" subwoofers. Snagging some deals on zZounds (seen it for less ^_^) and ordering the 115P's tomorrow when my check hits the bank. Better believe some videos & reviews will be coming. :yahoo:

POTATO!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

sounds like you've got some very interesting projects going on. keep me posted!

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Definitely will. From everything I've heard, the ELX loudspeakers dominate the JBL PRX & QSC K series speakers. I snagged mine for almost $400 off normal price, while the next speaker up in the series is almost the price of both... Same with the subs, two ELX118P's talked down in price could easily match a single JBl PRX618S-XLF and more than likely beat it. My plans by this time next year are 4 115P's & 118P's, possibly a set of 12's as well as I may try doing movie nights & such...I have a lot of hope with these speakers. Just waiting on the confirmation e-mail for my order from zZounds, and hoping to start selling my old PA today. I've had people interested in bits & pieces of it.

POTATO!

Well, got them the other day, and all I can say is WOW! My dad isn't an audiophile, and even his mind was blown. He's heard every single one of my setups, from my first set of 12" speakers to my full 8000 watt system, to these, and he picks these over everything else. The speakers are actively crossed over, with most of the mids/highs on the HF driver, and the lowmid/bass through the woofer. The sound is just incredible. I've heard parts of songs that I've NEVER heard from ANY speaker I've owned, and they just keep going & going. Cranked them 'till my ears hurt, and still didn't hit the limiter. I have a wedding tomorrow to DJ, so those will be a true test.

POTATO!

Well, this wedding isn't exactly exciting (mainly cello music is all they're wanting...) but the sound quality of these speakers is just incredible. I'm sitting at -30dB on the mixer and it's loud & full, yet quiet enough that everyone can talk over it. I don't think I've EVER heard a sound system quite like these. I DEFINITELY will be buying the subs, then another set after that. Looking at a wireless signal solution for these would make everything even better. But I think for now 2 15's & 2 18's on 3400 watts will be plenty, especially quality wise.

POTATO!

Hey man just picked up the Peavey pv215. I know you just swtiched but how did you like them? I know there super bulky but just gonna be using them to dj fraternity parties and stuff. Gonna have them hooked up to a qsc gx5 so just wondering what to expect.

The PV215's are good for the price. Very loud & good sound quality for DJ use. Compared to what I got for the ELX's, they're nowhere in range. But for what you're using them for, they should be plenty.

POTATO!

Me & my dad just talked. He's decided to buy a set of the 12's for use at the house in the basement. Looks like he loves them just as much as I do if he wants to do something crazy like that. :yahoo:

POTATO!