I wanna learn some stuff about car alarms. I dont really know much about them other then its alot of wires. Im not sure of what to connnect to. Im not Tryin to install one, just wanna know if its complicated an what wires am i tapping into. Any info would pretty much help...

I cant afford anything...

forum.realmofexcursion.com/members/little-kid-wit-bass.html

Youngest active user on ROE :D

if you know nothing about them or the installation process i wouldnt recommend trying it is best to watch someone do it a couple times so you get an idea of the process before trying one yourself i am pretty good with cars and wiring and stuff like that and i tried to put in my viper 5901 in my 91 c1500 (which you probably couldnt find an easier vehicle to do the install on) and all of the wires are still under my dash in a rats nest

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

alarm should come with an installation manual, visit the12volt.com for you vehicles specific wiring chart.

the most basic things to get the alarm working are 12 volt constants and a 12 volt accessory. the constant will keep the alarm on and arm it after a certain amount of time. the accessory will keep it from arming while the car is on. these are all usually found near your ignition.

parking lights, interior lights, trunk, hood, and door pins are all "extras" but most definitely needed to use your alarm to the fullest. these things are also where the alarm gets tricky.

Edited by sqsux

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

Sounds fun... Doesnt seem to be hard with some practice. Basicly tapping the wires already there. Its just ALOT of wires.

I cant afford anything...

forum.realmofexcursion.com/members/little-kid-wit-bass.html

Youngest active user on ROE :D