Second Skin Audio

Which should I buy?

SpawnZ

I appreciate all of this btw.

But why shouldn't a cap be used? (I've never had one)

because they put a lot more strain on your system then they help. a capacitor might draw power for a minute, then release all the juice it just stored for a mere 10 seconds of heavy bass. then the cycle starts over again. you're much better off with a deep cycle battery.

for your system, at a MINIMUM, i would put an xspower D3100 up front replacing your stock battery.

Gotcha, I'll probably look into that battery in the near-future.

First I gotta get a design from one of you guys and find someone to build me a box lol.

in all honesty buiulding a box is alot simpler than u think all u need is a measuring tape a straight edge a curcular saw and a drill and some screws and glue

I've just never really been into craftsmanship lol.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=fc21b701f284bc038a584219638c8860

theres a link to the box all the specs on that box are 100% correct and is tuned to 28 hertz

only one baffle?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

i came up with something a little bit different Click Me! tuned to about 34 hz. should be pretty good since you said you were aimed more towards SPL. This box should give you pretty much the best of both worlds.

specs

eryiki.jpg

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=fc21b701f284bc038a584219638c8860

theres a link to the box all the specs on that box are 100% correct and is tuned to 28 hertz

only one baffle?

whats wrong with just one baffle

well that's a pretty big ass woofer for a single baffle and no bracing. cant risk baffle flex.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

only one baffle?

whats wrong with just one baffle

well that's a pretty big ass woofer for a single baffle and no bracing. cant risk baffle flex.

haha i just threw it together real quick took me 20 min to do it lol i wasnt all to worried about bracing on just a sketch up lol i figured whoever builds it for him would know to do that lol

Archived