Second Skin Audio

Which should I buy?

SpawnZ

I'd like to get two 15" kicker L7's, but I don't have the trunk space.

So I was wondering if I should go ahead and get two and stick this box in my back seat

or should I just get one, and get this box - http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-CUSTOM-PORTED-KICKER-S15L3-S15L5-S15L7-BOX-3-0-ft-3-/170710281909?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bf202eb5#ht_1622wt_1297

I'm all about SPL, but I don't want them sounding like shit, so any help would be appreciated.

you should get a couple of 12's and make your own box :good:

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

If you don't want to sound like shot I wouldn't get ANY of the above man. Spend a few days on the forum and learn a little more before you buy anything. Most of us make our own boxes here because that prefab shit is usually tuned horribly and not even the right airspace. Plus kicker solobarics are not exactly known for sounding good

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

If you don't want to sound like shot I wouldn't get ANY of the above man. Spend a few days on the forum and learn a little more before you buy anything. Most of us make our own boxes here because that prefab shit is usually tuned horribly and not even the right airspace. Plus kicker solobarics are not exactly known for sounding good

^^this.

i had a buddy with a couple of L5 10's in his mustang (no idea how he managed to get it in his trunk)

shit got loud as fuck! he actually lost his rear-view a couple times because of it. but it was pretty much just rattles, and didn't hit the low notes very well.

as an ex-best buy employee, i know that kicker shit is overpriced. we had a kicker accommodation and IIRC a 12" L7 was like 120 or less. and i'm pretty sure kicker still made a buck off of it.

i'm not saying by any means that kicker is bad, as i run a couple of 12" CVX's right now. however i bought them for 105 each, and would not have paid full retail price for them.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Trying to avoid making my own box for now, getting too cold haha. What'd be better 12's or 15's?

2 12's in the trunk > 1 15 in the trunk

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

if i might make a sugestion for ya if ur willing to take up the back seat with a sub box u might as well wall it off completely and drop 2 aq hdc3 copper coil 18s in it instead there the same rms and $50 cheaper a sub

we went from ebay boxes and 15" L7's in the back seat to 2 18's walled?

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

Trying to avoid making my own box for now, getting too cold haha. What'd be better 12's or 15's?

you can always pay someone to make you a box

im making a box for 2-15's right now for some kid off CraigsList for $100 and he bought everything i needed

i have 3 kicker l7 15s cant wait to get my 12 cubic feet ported box tuned at 33hz with my fosgate t2500bdcp what hating stupid opinion your gonna say about my stuff?

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP