XS Power

I'm running a 14v setup with the D1400's but my car has issues with anything above 16.4. My a/c won't work until I bring the voltage back down to 15.4 then back up and I get like two lights on my dash at 16.5v or higher. I think they are the abs light and the e-brake light. And I've finally found out that the reason why my car idled funny is because of the voltage being over 15.8v. So I decided to get the step down modules so I can charge at 16.8v daily without having to worry about my car's electronics. My question is how many do I need? I just want to run the factory electronics (a/c, pcm, etc.) and that's it.

Also does the wiring coming out the back or what not look like? Most of the pictures I've seen just show the actual module with no wiring.

Thanks

2004 Chevy Trailblazer:

Deck: Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

Mids: 4 Selenium 6W4P's

Highs: 2 AQ Tweeter's + 2 Crescendo Tweeters + 2 Power Acoustik NX-5 Bullet Tweeters

Highs Amp: MB Quart Onyx 4.125

Bass: 2 18" DC Audio XL's <-- Soon to be 8 Sundown SA-12's

Box: 13.37 Cu Ft @ 35 Hz with 3 8" sonotubes

Bass amps: Crescendo BC3500 @ .5 ohms (2nd one coming soon)

325a Singer Alt! 375a at 16+ volts!

2 XS Power D1400's

www.youtube.com/user/phukudmss

Because I have to constantly bring the voltage down to 15.4 to just turn the ac on which is usless when I remote start, and my car idles funky past 15.8 at least once a day. So mainly for convience. Plus I'd like to have the option to keep my batteries topped off when driving for random demos and what not.

2004 Chevy Trailblazer:

Highs: 2 AQ Tweeter's + 2 Crescendo Tweeters + 2 Power Acoustik NX-5 Bullet Tweeters

2 XS Power D1400's

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response. I never got a notification for your reply. As far as I know Boilermaker is the only person to have dual alts on a i6 Trailblazer and it looks like it was a difficult job. I am looking at the HF1415 IntelliCharger and it seems nice. The only problem with just sticking with a battery charger is that I still have to deal with the issues of my a/c and fluctuating idle unless I keep the voltage at like 15.4-15.8.

What does the output wire go to? the factory connections that go to the battery or the fuse boxes or something?

2004 Chevy Trailblazer:

2 XS Power D1400's