To Navi or not to Navi?

Browsing around at double din touchscreens, don't really have a budget but would like to stay in the $3-400 range. I'm debating whether or not to get a HU with Sat-Nav though. Something like this maybe:

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/In-Dash-Car-GPS-Navigation-System/Package-Jensen-VM9414-7-In-Dash-Car-Navigation-System,-DVD-Receiver--Camera/VM9414---RMC2.aspx

BUT I have a nagging feeling that the cheap Sat-Nav interfaces are clunkety, outdated, and crappy.

Not to mention, if I buy a non-Sat-Nav unit, I could get something a little nicer, with a better interface, ability to set my own background, little stuff like that that we all love playing with. Something like one of these:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_32828_Pioneer-AVH-P4300DVD.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_32843_Pioneer-AVH-P3300BT.html

...What do you guys think?

Too many projects, too little time...

I like navi units. Im the kind of person who ALWAYS needs google maps or something If I go anywhere out of town. Two of my friends have touchscreen Pioneer navi units that are really nice.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt want to make another thread, but does anyone have experience with the Jensen VM9424? My current HU is starting to crap out on me and it's time to upgrade. Debating getting the 9424 or one of the above Pioneers (possibly the 3300bt as I love the heck out of Pandora.) Thoughts?

my friend has a Jensen i cant remember the model number from the top of my head but its not that great.

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

You should probably get the pioneer instead of the Jensen.

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

The navigation I have on my phone is excellent. I almost feel like having a nice double din touch and a google Android or iPhone is better investment than a good quality navigation hu. You certainly will have a larger cleaner navigation setup but to me, it personally isn't worth it. You also can only use the thing in your car. I can take my phone and navi in my gf or buddies' cars and use it.

Edit ^^ I definitely regret not getting.a hu with Pandora

Edited by ryan916

Turns out both of them have Pandora, but apparently only if you have an iPhone, I guess it doesn't interface with Android? Buncha crap...I think I'm gonna go with the 3300, it's cheaper and all the features are on the face where I can access them (will be going in a center console)