Design Help with a 1994 Ford F350 Crew Cab

scooter99

U type a shit load bro lol

I'm on my phone so I can't help right now when I get home I will put my input

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

I've got a silly question, well I'm sure it's silly to you guys but not to me. When using a 4 channel amp, is it possible to run, say, the front two channels at a 4 ohm load, and then run the rear channels at a 2 ohm load? Trying to design everything out and I'm trying to get my amps and speakers in order. Not talking sub stage by the way!

It is no problem to run each channel at different ohm loads.

Type Rs are nice subs.

Thanks. That's a big help with what I just came up with on some equipment. Be right back with that!

U type a shit load bro lol

I'm on my phone so I can't help right now when I get home I will put my input

I know I do, sorry. The problem is I want to be as descriptive as i can be, and at the same time, I type about 70 - 80 wpm so I can easily get carried away! Thanks, I'd love to hear it.

Fist Option Idea:

Ok do so here's an option I just designed up in my head.

Here's a diagram off MS Paint, don't hate appreciate! Love it! :yahoo:

SubEnclosureandAmpRack.png

Ok so let me lay this out. My ideas on this!

First the equipment:

Head Unit I have: Alpine CDA-9886 (will also make a spot for my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet which I'm currently putting in my car!)

Sundown Audio SAX-125.2 (2)

Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D

Sundown Audio SA-8D2 (4)

Alpine SPR-60C 6 1/2" comps. (3 sets)

Alpine SPR-50C 5 1/4" comps. (2 sets)

XS Power D3100 Batteries (2)

XS Power D6500 Battery (Main)

Will need a H/O Alternator at least

So there you have the list, somewhat anyway. Here's the thought.

Front Doors:

The doors are pretty flat and can easily be customized. I'm thinking dual 6 1/2" for mid bass. Above those, dual 5 1/4" for mid range (ish) duties. Above those, two tweeters. With the comps, I'm gonna have access to 8 total tweeters. I thought two in the door and then two more in the a pillars above the dash would be killer.

To power them, here's the plan. Mid bass ran in 2 ohm mode into an SAX-125.2 for 200 watts per channel. Mid Range ran in 2 ohm mode on two channels of the SAX-100.4. Then the 4 tweeters ran in series/parallel to a 4 ohm mode on the other two channels of the SAX-100.4.

Rear Doors:

Same thing here. The doors customized. The rear speakers in the stock location would be behind the rear seat in the rear pillars. That's not the best place. It's pretty muffled. So I'll put the third set of Alpine SPR-60C's there ran passive off the SAX-125.2.

Subs:

4 Sundown Audio SA-8 dual 2 ohm subs ran in series/parallel to a 1 ohm load will be powered off of an SAZ-3500D. Should be plenty of power and have a vented enclosure. Pretty straight forward.

Amp Rack:

In the diagram above you see the sub enclosure on the bottom. What you see on the top is the back wall. What's hard to see, which I'm showing below, is that the seat has about 8 - 9, at the bottom, that goes to about 4 - 4 1/2" at the top in a wedge. The way you're looking at it now, would be with seat back off and out of the way. NOT how I'm going to be doing it. This is just for simplicity sake! So the back panel, or amp rack, will go behind the sub enclosure. In the center on the bottom will be the SAZ-3500D, flanked on either side by an XS Power D3100 battery. My thought is a cubby type enclosure, so to speak, so the battery is essentially trapped in there and won't slide anywhere. Then on top would be the SAX-100.4 in the center, flanked by the two SAX-125.2's. Simple yet stylish. All flush mounted so no wires or cables are seen. When the seat back is on, it'll cover the whole rack!

Here's the diagram of the side view. I tried to do a second drawing of the cubby that the batteries would sit in, but i don't think I did it good enough to explain what I'm thinking in my head. Sorry. But I think this gives you a better idea on my design idea for the amp rack.

AmpRack.png

So that's essentially it. What do you all think of option one, aside from probably overkill on the speakers! :peepwall:

If you want true SQ I wouldn't do so many comps. Just one good set would be great and a nice 2 channel.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

There's nothing SQ about this build man. Just a $.02.... You got a truck worth a few grand, and from the looks of it you might want to build something that gets loud and has the highs to keep up. In addition, you've got kids.... so a back seat is a must.

1 word.... Blowthrough.

Enclosure type.... 4th order

Equipment..... 18s.

A 4th order will allow you to cut out less cab.... Only the area of the port. You're looking at maybe a 12x 12 or a decent sized hole.

As far as highs to keep up.... Pick up a 2 sets of pro audio 6.5s and a pair of super tweeters. Don't worry about rear fill.

You got some awesome skills man. Attention to detail is excellent. You've got a badass SQ car in the works, why not take a leap to the other side of car audio and build a system that is, for lack of better words, more fun.

There's nothing SQ about this build man. Just a $.02.... You got a truck worth a few grand, and from the looks of it you might want to build something that gets loud and has the highs to keep up. In addition, you've got kids.... so a back seat is a must.

1 word.... Blowthrough.

Equipment..... 18s.

A 4th order will allow you to cut out less cab.... Only the area of the port. You're looking at maybe a 12x 12 or a decent sized hole.

As far as highs to keep up.... Pick up a 2 sets of pro audio 6.5s and a pair of super tweeters. Don't worry about rear fill.

You got some awesome skills man. Attention to detail is excellent. You've got a badass SQ car in the works, why not take a leap to the other side of car audio and build a system that is, for lack of better words, more fun.

Thanks man. I'm looking into all options. My only problem with a blow through is I'm a little uncomfortable with cutting the cab. However, it's not out of the question. Are you thinking the box is going to be below the bedline? If I did a blowthrough I'd be probably be looking into a shell for the bed. Might be anyway!

The problem with ditching the rear fill is the kids being back there. When my wife is in the car, the music stays down. The subs are off, same with the kids, which means they couldn't hear it. So the rear fill is pretty much all for them. It doesn't need to be much, but it does need to be.

I'm working on something now along the lines of what I've been thinking about. I'll get back to everyone after that.

1 word.... Blowthrough.

Equipment..... 18s.

Thanks man. I'm looking into all options. My only problem with a blow through is I'm a little uncomfortable with cutting the cab. However, it's not out of the question. Are you thinking the box is going to be below the bedline? If I did a blowthrough I'd be probably be looking into a shell for the bed. Might be anyway!

The problem with ditching the rear fill is the kids being back there. When my wife is in the car, the music stays down. The subs are off, same with the kids, which means they couldn't hear it. So the rear fill is pretty much all for them. It doesn't need to be much, but it does need to be.

I'm working on something now along the lines of what I've been thinking about. I'll get back to everyone after that.

Come to autorama this February 2012. It is worth going to if you've never been. Theres always a couple systems there that make it worth going to.

Edit: And yes, below the bedline. Tonneau cover would look better and give the most security, but a camper shell would work too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived