Second Skin Audio

Sub Box Design Help

Hea y'all, I just need someone to check over what I have done so I know I'm doing everything correctly. I would also like your opinions on this (ex. Whether or not it will do justice in the given situation and ect). The plan is to but this in the back of a Cadillac Deville 2000 and fire it toward the trunk (sub will be firing in the same direction of the port to!). It will be holding a AQ Copper Coil HDC3 15" sub with a Elemental Designs Nine.1. I would like to know if I need bracing, if I picked the right frequency to tune the box, but most off all I would LOVE to know if I calculated the port length right? lol Here's the pics.

Here's what I came up with:

torresboxcalc.png

This is what i have designed:

ChaseSub.jpg

Thanks! If I missed something, just let me know!

Edited by someone1

looks pretty good, but i'd put some 45's in the pressure corners. maybe one in the port as well. double baffle and some bracing wouldn't hurt. IIRC the HDC3 is a big ass sub. try to flush mount if you can, it's a lot louder.

Edited by 412 CVX

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Hmm I was thinking about the double baffle last night too, and yea, I was contemplating the 45's, I've been reading that some people say it didnt matter, some say it did as usuall lol. And you mean flush mount as in the sub will be mounted on the first baffle and the second baffle will go on top of the sub? (if that makes sense? lol) But my main question is, did i get the port length correct? (as Torres calculator said it should be?)

Thanks!

Hmm I was thinking about the double baffle last night too, and yea, I was contemplating the 45's, I've been reading that some people say it didnt matter, some say it did as usuall lol. And you mean flush mount as in the sub will be mounted on the first baffle and the second baffle will go on top of the sub? (if that makes sense? lol) But my main question is, did i get the port length correct? (as Torres calculator said it should be?)

Thanks!

yow will need to add 2 for shared port walls & aslo put 4.57 in the desired net volume(gross volume subtract port volume)brings you down to 30.41hz ...i have noticed that boxed that are 45 do sound better and get louder......not sure on the specs for your sub but after you fix it if 30.5 hz ok. it looks good to me if it will work 4 you

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

yeah looks fine to me. and as for the 45's, if they are put in the right place they are proven to help. check out the SPL gains thread, there's a lot of tips and tricks on there

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Thanks!

yow will need to add 2 for shared port walls & aslo put 4.57 in the desired net volume(gross volume subtract port volume)brings you down to 30.41hz ...i have noticed that boxed that are 45 do sound better and get louder......not sure on the specs for your sub but after you fix it if 30.5 hz ok. it looks good to me if it will work 4 you

So two more baffles because I have a shared port walls?? And 30.5hz a little too low, I was shooting for more of a 32hz area. And I guess I'll add some 45's in there. But if I add two 45's in there then it'll probably raise raise the tunning to 32 hz correct?

Thanks!

So two more baffles because I have a shared port walls?? And 30.5hz a little too low, I was shooting for more of a 32hz area. And I guess I'll add some 45's in there. But if I add two 45's in there then it'll probably raise raise the tunning to 32 hz correct?

you actually have 3 common port walls. and the only way to figure out what the 45's will do is if you add them in there. the12volt.com has a pretty good calculator for that if you need exact numbers

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

Thanks!

you actually have 3 common port walls. and the only way to figure out what the 45's will do is if you add them in there. the12volt.com has a pretty good calculator for that if you need exact numbers

Ohh i thought you were talking about adding 2 more baffles lol But yea, I'll have to measure them out and whatnot....I don't have an angle saw unfortunately though. I think i can come up with something though. I think the 45's take up about .14 each if i added it up right, but ill add it up again and see, now what about bracing? I'm planning on using 1' wood dowels, ill make another drawing.

Thanks!

Ohh i thought you were talking about adding 2 more baffles lol But yea, I'll have to measure them out and whatnot....I don't have an angle saw unfortunately though. I think i can come up with something though. I think the 45's take up about .14 each if i added it up right, but ill add it up again and see, now what about bracing? I'm planning on using 1' wood dowels, ill make another drawing.

.14 each seems a little much.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.