Jump to content

Kickin' Cruiser - Stage 1, 2, & 3 - UBL


Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay well I got the front components all installed, and the rear view monitor. Then I ran the wires back to their "spot", and got it all buttoned back up. Now I'm ready to wire up the crossovers and amps! I'm getting REALLY close now!

185878_184412971594703_100000780034606_351450_1247709_n.jpg

183112_184412988261368_100000780034606_351451_4318477_n.jpg

181501_184413001594700_100000780034606_351452_613620_n.jpg

181516_184413028261364_100000780034606_351453_7802381_n.jpg

Front component wires

182744_184413058261361_100000780034606_351454_2076773_n.jpg

179998_184413094928024_100000780034606_351456_5503907_n.jpg

181713_184413108261356_100000780034606_351457_3395849_n.jpg

185849_184413161594684_100000780034606_351459_2923122_n.jpg

The wires are all ready!

185802_184413174928016_100000780034606_351460_6771014_n.jpg

180504_184413191594681_100000780034606_351461_2218901_n.jpg

181995_184413208261346_100000780034606_351462_7267693_n.jpg

185972_184413288261338_100000780034606_351465_1059875_n.jpg

It's getting there!

183682_184413314928002_100000780034606_351466_2789873_n.jpg

The Breaker Panel, or the "inside" of the "breaker box"

181645_184413341594666_100000780034606_351467_2793937_n.jpg

The rear view monitor. This thing is cool! It is also hooked to the reverse camera.

182656_184413361594664_100000780034606_351468_1700890_n.jpg

Next step, wiring crossovers!

184279_184412941594706_100000780034606_351449_415624_n.jpg


Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback


Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's


Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Posted

Got the crossovers mounted, and the holes drilled in the rt places on Friday evening.

183894_185078638194803_100000780034606_355475_7761772_n.jpg

180930_185078681528132_100000780034606_355478_5261674_n.jpg

185974_185078698194797_100000780034606_355479_8073275_n.jpg

183666_185078714861462_100000780034606_355480_6885357_n.jpg

Then I spent the rest of the evening deciding how I wanted to mount the amps.

190410_185078738194793_100000780034606_355481_3801349_n.jpg

188898_185078754861458_100000780034606_355482_906866_n.jpg

184838_185078771528123_100000780034606_355483_6043213_n.jpg

And you KNOW I had to open them up!

183326_185078791528121_100000780034606_355484_4274739_n.jpg

189162_185078848194782_100000780034606_355486_6420797_n.jpg

So Saturday morning, I got up bright and early to solder spade terminals for the crossovers, and try to get the wires all ran to the amp rack. Here is a little video, and some more pics

189942_185078881528112_100000780034606_355487_6176154_n.jpg

181902_185078924861441_100000780034606_355489_4421299_n.jpg

184334_185078958194771_100000780034606_355490_537692_n.jpg

183954_185079014861432_100000780034606_355492_696753_n.jpg

And the crossover wires all finished!

183186_185079044861429_100000780034606_355493_5581749_n.jpg

190094_185079058194761_100000780034606_355494_6905965_n.jpg

More wires anyone?

183266_185079078194759_100000780034606_355495_2329865_n.jpg

190606_185079128194754_100000780034606_355497_1543615_n.jpg


Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback


Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's


Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Posted

Cutting up the amp rack.

I would hate to have had to do this w/o my Dremel.

183926_185079184861415_100000780034606_355499_2194093_n.jpg

188782_185079214861412_100000780034606_355500_6953904_n.jpg

Wiring the amps! Workin Late!

189314_185079231528077_100000780034606_355501_5386031_n.jpg

185898_185079258194741_100000780034606_355502_1748693_n.jpg

188862_185079278194739_100000780034606_355504_6445714_n.jpg

189578_185079311528069_100000780034606_355505_8244565_n.jpg

Amps r wired!

188686_185079331528067_100000780034606_355506_5162272_n.jpg

180990_185079348194732_100000780034606_355507_8323909_n.jpg

183722_185079368194730_100000780034606_355508_981400_n.jpg

181774_185079391528061_100000780034606_355509_3418190_n.jpg

184366_185079411528059_100000780034606_355510_6082045_n.jpg

190570_185079431528057_100000780034606_355511_7023563_n.jpg

Remember, this is temporary, I still have another sub!

183274_185079444861389_100000780034606_355512_2726508_n.jpg

188438_185079504861383_100000780034606_355515_5730032_n.jpg

The "Breaker Box"

188546_185079534861380_100000780034606_355516_564280_n.jpg

183822_185079621528038_100000780034606_355520_1109777_n.jpg

Underneath shot

189346_185079574861376_100000780034606_355518_887629_n.jpg


Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback


Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's


Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Posted

Next up, volt meter. Gotta have them. This is one of two.

189787_186183778084289_100000780034606_361307_3827104_n.jpg

188579_186183844750949_100000780034606_361310_3590412_n.jpg

184975_186183868084280_100000780034606_361312_4770642_n.jpg

189171_186183901417610_100000780034606_361314_2628250_n.jpg

184983_186183961417604_100000780034606_361316_4739635_n.jpg

183095_186184024750931_100000780034606_361320_4961825_n.jpg

190495_186184041417596_100000780034606_361321_3697461_n.jpg

184995_186184091417591_100000780034606_361324_6754098_n.jpg

Also Got one of my new emblems in the mail today. I think it looks WAY better than the old factory "Touring Edition" crap.

198738_186858254683508_100000780034606_365391_3267817_n.jpg

200440_186858318016835_100000780034606_365394_6396012_n.jpg

190323_186858341350166_100000780034606_365395_1330459_n.jpg

200138_186858274683506_100000780034606_365392_7753938_n.jpg

And then me and my son Shane HAD to install new axles! Click pop click .... eff that!

183510_186858354683498_100000780034606_365396_8360076_n.jpg


Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback


Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's


Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Posted

Well, yesterday was one of the best days I have ever had. Which may sound crazy since I worked on the Cruiser for over 12 hours! It all started yesterday morning, when I went to get my son, Shane, up for school. He moaned and complained of how sick he was, so I told him to go back to bed. But a couple of hrs later, as I was leaving to work on my car, Shane was "all better", so I told him he could either go on to school, or go w/ me to work on my car, but he was NOT gonna stay home and party all day! Needless to say, he chose work over school! (Good thing this was only his second missed day of school!)

So, my 12 year old son got his hands dirty yesterday for the first time, and I must say, I am totally impressed! He jumped rt in there, wasn't scared AT ALL! We got a lot of stuff done, and really had fun doing it!

3 extra meals = $20

1 day of missed school = extra homework

Quality Father and Son time = priceless.

I just feel truly blessed to get to spend the day with both my father and my son! Life is good!

So, here are a few pics of me and Shane "doin work"!

189032_187197207982946_100000780034606_366898_2358145_n.jpg

199286_187197254649608_100000780034606_366901_877257_n.jpg

183448_187197317982935_100000780034606_366903_1409898_n.jpg

183116_187197341316266_100000780034606_366904_6105796_n.jpg

183264_187197414649592_100000780034606_366907_7252622_n.jpg

196910_187197454649588_100000780034606_366909_359862_n.jpg

198842_187197481316252_100000780034606_366910_8009084_n.jpg

Also changed tranny fluid and filter (yep that's me)

189528_187197514649582_100000780034606_366911_6332119_n.jpg

199966_187197587982908_100000780034606_366914_7460864_n.jpg

197958_187197624649571_100000780034606_366916_3912868_n.jpg

199086_187197654649568_100000780034606_366917_6145658_n.jpg

Shane was doing perverted stuff to the tire! Hahaha kids!

200730_187197674649566_100000780034606_366918_1420716_n.jpg


Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback


Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's


Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Posted

I started with the airbag cover, b/c (a) it's small and it's important. For those that don't know, in stage 1, I installed a monitor in the airbag cover, but had to remove the airbag for safety. So now I'm gonna glass up the cover front and back, and put a hinge on the top, and put the airbag back in. In my opinion, it will be very safe. But just in case you still think it will hit the passenger in the face, watch this video:

So here we go, getting all set-up, ready to work!

190794_189573097745357_100000780034606_379374_3588525_n.jpg

188478_189573111078689_100000780034606_379375_4527566_n.jpg

Got it wrapped after about a half hour struggle - till I finally used the glue. Then it was easy.

197348_189573144412019_100000780034606_379377_1795750_n.jpg

197192_189573177745349_100000780034606_379378_2031205_n.jpg

After the first coat of just resin, let it dry.

190506_189573287745338_100000780034606_379382_7556719_n.jpg

First layer of FG

200264_189573371078663_100000780034606_379385_6774879_n.jpg

Getting the back side ready for three layers.

190262_189573514411982_100000780034606_379390_6388490_n.jpg

188462_189573541078646_100000780034606_379391_3922960_n.jpg

195888_189573551078645_100000780034606_379392_4166944_n.jpg

198932_189573587745308_100000780034606_379394_7754803_n.jpg

Here is a little video

Then came the rain and washed me back inside!

188830_189573611078639_100000780034606_379395_1010936_n.jpg

But a little rain aint gonna stop me! I just moved this operation inside!

196100_189573634411970_100000780034606_379396_17243_n.jpg

188322_189573654411968_100000780034606_379397_4089132_n.jpg

198008_189573681078632_100000780034606_379398_1221259_n.jpg

188426_189573694411964_100000780034606_379399_634650_n.jpg

And after sanding the second coat on the front, time for some kitty-hair! (I see now why it's called that!)

199600_189573734411960_100000780034606_379401_4116767_n.jpg

199732_189573764411957_100000780034606_379402_3604754_n.jpg

And that is when I called it a night! So today, I am kinda lazy, but not completely! So here is where I'm at rt now. Sanding. Next is regular body filler.

197868_189581281077872_100000780034606_379474_8033704_n.jpg

188386_189581297744537_100000780034606_379475_2841899_n.jpg

But my sweetheart brought me this, so this is what I'm doing as I type!

198283_189581391077861_100000780034606_379479_4529076_n.jpg


Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback


Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's


Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Posted

198601_190947504274583_100000780034606_386826_5933400_n.jpg

198985_190947534274580_100000780034606_386827_8304129_n.jpg

197534_190947557607911_100000780034606_386828_349589_n.jpg

190675_190947580941242_100000780034606_386829_8084842_n.jpg

188513_190947620941238_100000780034606_386830_5323348_n.jpg

199192_190947820941218_100000780034606_386835_4974768_n.jpg

199790_190947850941215_100000780034606_386836_2955356_n.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of the hinge, but I put a door hinge on the top of the cover so it has to fold up. But here is the "Play Station deck" I also put in. Had the brand new PS2 layin around, so I figured I'd put it to use!

189596_190947897607877_100000780034606_386837_6714763_n.jpg

199831_190947937607873_100000780034606_386838_2718149_n.jpg

199266_190947950941205_100000780034606_386839_4514238_n.jpg

So here it is installed. It's not 100% perfect, but I am not a natural at body work, and I tried hard. I'm happy with it.

196966_190947984274535_100000780034606_386840_4386764_n.jpg

196479_190948004274533_100000780034606_386841_5416808_n.jpg

I still gotta get some carpet for the inside.

188955_190948090941191_100000780034606_386844_2796091_n.jpg

196601_190948227607844_100000780034606_386848_1027858_n.jpg


Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback


Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's


Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3098 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...